[LPF] Wreck Ashore

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien would wait until it is announced to the crew that dinner would be served to all before he would make his way to the dining room. Until then he finds a place to rest, or gets told to do cleaning through being thrown a mop, whichever comes first.

soulnova

Explorer
After having something to eat, Galandra will help keep watch for trouble. She also tries to see if the parrots are following them.

Perception 1d20+8 → [12,8] = (20)

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Maidel.png

Galandra
AC: 18 (Touch 12, Flatfooted 16)
HP: 20/32

Initiative: +2
Perception: +8/+10 vs Humans, Sense Motive: +2/+4 vs Humans,
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +3

Masterwork Falchion +7 [2d4+4] 18-20
Dagger +6 [1d4+3] 19-20
+2STR Composite Longbow +5 [1d8+2] x3 (110ft)

Effects: Killer
Combat Feats: Power Attack, Quick Draw, Rapid Shot, Cleave

Conditions: None

In Hand: +2 STR Composite Longbow

Consumables: (14 Normal Arrows, 10 Masterwork Arrows, ), 4 days rations.

[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
The cook pulls out a bit of the reserves. "For our brave heroes, we got a bit of venison left. The rest of you, rabbit stew."

Taking extra precautions of having two guards over the prisoners on watch at all times, you are able to make a peaceful trip up the river to the village. The parrots are following you all along the way. You can spot them here in there at times, darting in between the trees along the shore. As soon as you raise a bow to attempt taking care of the problem, they disappear behind cover. Mocking laughter can be heard as they toy with you day and night.

Eventually, you make it to your destination. As the sailors maneuver the boat deftly up to the dock, you see a small village filled with excited people. A group is forming and making their way to the docks.

[sblock=ooc]With only two players left, I think I am going to wrap this one with you getting paid and making the return trip to Venza safely. Several games should be coming up soon, so that lets you get into a larger group.[/sblock]

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien glances up to notice the parrots, and just tilts his head in acknowledgement. In the end, the stupid birds got the last laugh.

Amien leans over the railing, with a half-eaten bowl of only-the-gods-know-what, to see the happy villagers approach. "I suppose that means the contract is fufilled."

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra nods at Amien.

"Yes, I believe so"
she says with her back against the railing too. "I can't wait to get my self on land. I really need a drink" she pats her chest remembering where the ballista shot almost killed her.

Once they are docked, she will help to lead the prisoners and meet with their contractor.

Satin Knights

First Post
"Ironjaw!" the mayor shouts as he walks out the dock. "We are so glad to see you. The last three shipments have failed to get through and we were running out of supplies. We have so much wood stacked and ready for return to Venza. I'm sure they are missing their wood as much as we missed flour." Getting on ship and looking around, "Good, you brought extra. So, where are the heroes?" When you pipe up and respond, he tosses you a bag of coins. "Thank you, thank you for getting the supplies through. Have you found and fixed the problem?" Before you get in a word edgewise, villagers start walking past you and unloading the ship.

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien, at the sound of being referred to as a hero hesitates. He asks Galandra to collect his payment for him, but doesn't say why. The man doesn't seem too impressed with the idea of fame and glory.

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra thinks its strange that Amien wants her to collect his money, but nods and meets with the mayor. "We fixed it the best we could, sir." she starts explaining "Siren Blackreef, over there, was behind the problem. She was leading a bunch of men who were attacking the ships with the help of a false lighthouse. I..." her lips form a thin line "...I believe the people on the original lighthouse didn't make it, sir. I would send someone else to get rid of the false one... we were running out of time."

"Instead, we thought you would like to talk to her face to face" she glances back at the prisoners.

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien, wondering what is taking so long for the payment to be received, decides to wait until the crowds are distracted by the shipments coming in before finding Galandra.

Satin Knights

First Post
Mayor Hilgashem looks over the pirates and ponders for a moment. Returning to Galandra, "I can't deal with them here. Take them back to Venza and I am sure Sebenius Caritono will have the courts or someone else deal with them. It is his ships that were lost. I am sure he will want to take his pound of flesh."

"Come, feast while the ship is docked. Ironjaw will be heading back out at dawn. Take the prisoners to Sebenius Caritono and I am sure he will reward you well. I, well, you got your payment that was promised and dinner. That is the best a swamper like me can offer."

You are treated to a feast of gator and boa constrictor along with a quite fermented peat wine. The hangover makes sunrise a bit painful, but sailors are able to get the ship underway without your assistance. Maintaining a studious watch on the prisoners with two or three guards at all times, you make the trip back without incident. The parrots follow you, mocking occasionally when they are spotted. You know they are taking refuge at night in the rigging and sails, but never catch them with a clear bow shot.

Returning to Venza, Captain Ironjaw departs the ship first. "Sebenius, we gotcha a gift. Them kids did their job well. Come see." "What? What ya wasting my time with." Both men return to the ship.

The dock master boards the ship and is shown below. "There! There be three of the pirates that be sinking your ships." Sebenius' eyes go wide. "The gagged one, she be the daughter of Blackreef, if ya believe her boasting. So, do da kids deserve a reward?" nudging his old friend in the ribs. "Yeah... Yeah they do. See me at the office and I will pay a bounty on the child of Blackreef. That old druid chose well after all. Thank you, each of you."

The harbor master goes topside and whistles. "Send Bubba and Mongo!" Two large guards come and take the prisoners.

"Okay kids. Grab yer stuff and get out of the way. Thanks for keepin us alive, but we have work to do." Captain Ironjaw isn't much for long goodbyes, but he seems sincerely grateful for the help.

The harbor master Caritono is true to his work and gives you a big bag of coins, more for the the ones that stormed the beach and actually captured the daughter of the pirate Blackreef.

[sblock=The End.]Okay. There's the final write up to get you home.
From October 29th, 2012 (DOY=303) to March 10th, 2013 (DOY=432) or 129 days.
Galandra Beiryn earns 5,525 XP and 3,935 GP and 3 SP and (3 charges of CLW healing) through Mar 10th, 2013
Amien Thrus earns 2,848 XP and 3,157 GP and 3 SP and no items through Mar 10th, 2013.
Dyre Blackreef earns 417 XP and 469 gp and no items Nov 30th, 2012
Anya Vost earns 501 XP and 541 gp and no items through Dec 12th, 2012
Umralar earns 417 XP and 469 gp and no items through Dec 1st, 2012
Parinor earns898 XP and 990 GP and no items through Jan 1st, 2013
Tirithon earns 1,418 XP and 1618 GP and 3 SP and no items through Feb 16th, 2013

Treasure you could spend your gold share on and not have to roll in the Mystic Pearl to get:
720 gp ~ Campfire Bead
520 gp ~ Brooch of Shielding (35 HP left)
180 gp ~ Wand of Mage Armor (12 charges left)
105 gp ~ Wand of Cure Light Wounds (7 charges left)
Let me know if you are keeping any of these treasure items before I sell them back to the Mystic Pearl later in the week.

The bastard daughter of a rather famous pirate was trying to break into the business herself. Unfortunately, she was better at wrecking ships by luring them onto the rocks with her fake lighthouse than she was boarding them. The weather this time gave her the best chance of sneaking onboard and taking over with her small band of pirates. If there wasn't twice as many people on board as normal, she would have succeeded.

The game was intended to be more interesting, but Dyre disappeared long before you got to Siren, his half sister.

Thanks for the game and putting up with the disappearances of other players.
-SK
[/sblock]

Remove ads