• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(LRF) Escape from Sembia *spoilers*

Notmousse

First Post
I ran this today and was completely underwhelmed. If you saw my previous thread I'm real new to running 4e, but know how to run a mod. This was... bad.

With only the barest skeleton of a plot (not even one of those skeletons with cool powers) I had to fluff it and make sense of 'they ninja'd up on you'. As a preview mod I understand that it's not going to have epic storytelling, but come on 'deliver this scroll' as the plot?

After looking it over I rewrote the plot to include a small plot and some descriptive scenes during battle (killing blows, extra background fluff), and *contents* for the scroll they were supposed to deliver.

If we were back in Living Greyhawk rules I'd advise you eat this mod. Since you can run and play this after: run it first and get those brownie points to cash in for a good mod. You'll be glad you did.

If you've played (and especially if you've run) this please tell me. Did I miss something here? Was there more to this than battle rinse repeat?

PS I'm thinking about rerunning this with a plot, any suggestions?

Remove ads