Luck Blade: A Cursory Analysis

Wish

First Post
I love them, and use them. Of course, for the PC who has one, it's one of about a half dozen magical weapons and more than a score of mundane weapons he hauls around. Pays to be prepared. It's also a function of play style. My personal play style emphasizes saves over AC and HP. I take advantage of multiclassing, distribute my stat points to improve saves, and I'm much more likely to jump on the resistance item than the deflection item. For somebody who plays differently, the luckblade wouldn't be as appealing.

Votan

Explorer
Krafen said:
At the level when you can reasonably afford a luckblade, you can also generally afford to have saves high enough that you rarely fail. Being able to eliminate automatic failure 1/day is incredibly useful.

Especially if it is against something really annoying like massive damage for a fighter. Sooner or later you'll fail this in a big fight and be dead at a rather inconvienent moment . . .

Quartz

Hero
moritheil said:
It may be a valid criticism of this method that throwing money into staying alive is a waste beyond some point. However, consider that a True Ressurrection costs 25k.
If you can find someone to cast it.

Remove ads