OD&D Luke Gygax selling his 40th anniversary wood box D&D set

GreyLord

Legend
$150 was how much they originally retailed for.

I got the original LBB after they were retail for less than that!

Of course, that was also many decades ago, a lot closer to when they originally came out...so there's that as well.

I don't know if they are even going for $500 these days. The newer anniversary reprints going for that much is kind of crazy.

eyeheartawk

#1 Enworld Jerk™
I sold mine to Noble Knight for far less than that.

But hey, I got mine on Amazon when it was new for like 80 bucks or so. Can't really complain.

As an actual product it was kinda meh, to be frank.

The box is not so great in components and they changed all the covers. When I say they changed all the covers what I mean is, WOTC saw the cover to Eldritch Wizardry, they changed that because of no-no parts and thus had to change the rest to fit.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
The box is not so great in components and they changed all the covers. When I say they changed all the covers what I mean is, WOTC saw the cover to Eldritch Wizardry, they changed that because of no-no parts and thus had to change the rest to fit.
There were subtler alterations as well. For instance, the first page of the first book no longer mentioned the map from Outdoor Survival as a component needed to play, and Supplement IV: Gods, Demi-gods & Heroes removed all of the deities created by Robert E. Howard (e.g. Crom). And, of course, it didn't have Swords & Spells at all.

Remove ads