• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lurkers

Xen155

First Post
The concept of the Lurker scares me, when im gone for awhile im gone. But these luker chaps, you just don't know. They could pop out of nowhere with a quick post and then dissapear into the mists again. Think about it... everyone of your posts being read by some mysterious lurker. Maybe im just overthinking it but everytime I hear or read lurker I see some thing hanging on the ceiling waiting to jump down on me.

Hold me.

Xen155

First Post
Its almost like fishing. Every thread or post you throw out into the lake of the forum could catch a lurker. You might even land it and get it posting again. But more often than not they get away after a little nibble. That, or it's catch and release.

I figure im fishing with burnt plastic and 1lb test line.

Xen155

First Post
The word lurker is NOT a good word. With that dirty LUR sound followed by that harsh K. And to top it off they (They being the mysterious group of men and women who wear robes every tuesday and decide to make up new words for our language [yes I know much of our language is derived from others]) added a last ER at the end.

Gross.

Xen155

First Post
Imagine if you will a creature who has done some grevious wrong and crossed they (see previous post) and earned the name and distinction: Lurker. What do you see in your head? A baby seal, a kitten or puppy dog? Or do you some some ungodly construct of evil straight from Poe's nightmares? I personally see some kind of fould creature that, when burrowed, shoots spikes through the ground...

Sceince vessel anybody?

Xen155

First Post
The god of Lurkers would be a scary fellow to meet. (Unless I had previously read his description and stats in the Deiteis and Demi-Gods handbook [damn you]). I think his particular plane of exsistance would be a rather boring place. What with people poping in every other month with some odd comment on someone else's comment. What would it be like worshiping him. He might stop in once or twice in your life time for a mirracle here or spells per day granted there. And you know he has got to be ugly as sin, what with the title of Lord of Once and a While posting, God of those who arn't technically inactive, Master of last seen 1 month ago.

I'll stick with Azuth.

Xen155

First Post
At what point does one go beyond Lurker and asscend to the mysterious rank of: Just plain gone? A month, two, m' = m/sqrt(1-v²/c²)? Can it be given an exact quantity. I don't think so. Becuase someone could be gone, reappear 8 months later claiming "I've been here all along, I just havn't been posting!". Kinda like saying "I've been here all along, I just havn't been here at all!" Dont get me wrong I (am mortally afraid of) love Lurkers, its just they are a mysterious bunch.

Crunchy!

Xen155

First Post
Disclaimer:

The veiws and opnions given in this thread (completly and absolutely) do not refelct the authors.

LEGALITIES!

Remove ads