• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Lyram's Book--Aelwynn Recruiting a Leader

Kaodi

Hero
Not really sure if I should get back into PbP, but...

Male Elf Archer Ranger 6 of Mallanas
Str 15, Con 13, Dex 19, Int 10, Wis 16, Cha 8
Skills: Athletics, Endurance, Nature, Perception, Stealth
Feats: Defensive Mobility, Light Step, Elven Precision, Weapon Focus (Bows), Far Shot
At Will: Careful Attack, Nimble Strike
Encounter: Elven Accuracy, Two Fanged Strike, Crucial Advice, Thundertusk Boar Strike, Weave Through The Fray
Daily: Hunter's Bear Trap, Splintering Shot
Equipment: Deathcut Hide +1, Lightning Longbow +2, Amulet of Protection +2, Everlasting Provisions, 2 Shortswords, Backpack, Bedroll, Flint + Steel, Belt Pouch, Waterskin, 60 Arrows, Climber's Kit, Everburning Torch, 50' Silk Rope, Tent, Leftover Cash

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Paelias Blueshadow

Level 6 Eladrin Warlock (Dark)

[sblock=Background]
Pealias hails from Xanitia, displaying the pride shared by most from this country, but not the kindness. Little is known how he acquired his arcane powers, but they seem neither to hail from arcane study, nor a connection to the fey or awakened dragon's blood.

What is known, is that he joined the Silver Society to gain access to their lore and power, only taking missions reluctantly. But if he does, he enjoys to overwhelm foes with his dark magic.
[/sblock]

[sblock=character sheet]level 6
Eladrin, Warlock
Eldritch Strike: Eldritch Strike Charisma
Eldritch Pact: Dark Pact

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 11, Int 18, Wis 8, Cha 19.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 11, Int 15, Wis 8, Cha 16.

AC: 22 Fort: 18 Reflex: 22 Will: 22
HP: 51 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 12

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +8, Streetwise +12, History +14, Arcana +14, Intimidate +12

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +3, Bluff +7, Diplomacy +7, Dungeoneering +2, Endurance +5, Heal +2, Insight +2, Nature +2, Religion +7, Stealth +3, Thievery +3, Athletics +3

[sblock=Features]
Prime Shot

Shadow Walk

Darkspiral Aura: You have the Darkspiral Aura pact boon. As your cursed enemies fall in battle, your Darkspiral Aura grows in power. You can unleash it on an enemy, blasting its mind and body.
When an enemy under your Warlock’s Curse is reduced to 0 hit points or fewer, add 1 to your Darkspiral Aura. Your Darkspiral Aura has a starting value of 0, and it resets to 0 when you take a short rest or an extended rest.
Once per round as a free action when an enemy makes a melee attack or a ranged attack against you, you can use your Darkspiral Aura as an immediate interrupt, dealing 1d6 necrotic and psychic damage to that enemy for each point of your Darkspiral Aura’s current value. If this attack deals less than 12 damage, the value of your Darkspiral Aura becomes 0. If this attack deals 12 damage or more, you can cause the enemy to be weakened for its attack (which means the attack deals half damage), and the value of your Darkspiral Aura becomes 1.

[/sblock]

FEATS
Level 1: Superior Implement Training (Accurate rod)
Level 2: Rod Expertise (HotFK)
Level 4: Improved Defenses
Level 6: Killing Curse

[sblock=Feats]
Surperior Implement Training - Can use listed superior implement. Gives a +1 bonus to hit, in this case
Rod expertise - +1 to hit with rod-implement attacks/tier and the rod acts as a light shield (+1 AC/Reflex)
Improved Defenses - +1 to all NAD/tier.
Killing Curse - change warlock curse damage from d6 to d8.

[/sblock]

POWERS
Eldritch Blast: Eldritch Strike (PH1 Series)
Warlock encounter 1: Shadow Tentacles (HoS)
Warlock daily 1: Web of Shadows (HoS)
Warlock utility 2: Caiphon's Leap (AP)
Warlock encounter 3: Void Blast (HoS)
Warlock daily 5: Deathly Conduit (HoS)
Warlock utility 6: Mirror Darkly (HoS)

[sblock=Power details]
ATTACK

Eldritch Strike
At-Will Arcane, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: +10 vs. AC
Hit: 1d8 + 4 damage, and you slide the target 1 square.
Special: This power counts as a melee basic attack.

Spiteful Glamor Warlock (Dark) Attack 1
At-Will ✦ Arcane, Implement, Psychic
Standard Action Ranged 10
Target: One creature
Attack: +11 vs. Will
Hit: 1d8 + 6 psychic damage, or 1d12 + 6 psychic damage to a target at maximum hit points.

Shadow Tentacles Warlock Attack 1
Encounter Arcane, Cold, Implement, Shadow, Zone
Standard Action Area burst 1 within 10 squares
Target : Each creature in the burst
Attack: +11 vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d10 + 6 cold damage , and the target is slowed until the end of your next turn.

Void Blast Warlock Attack 3
Encounter Arcane, Implement, Psychic, Shadow, Zone
Standard Action Close blast 3
Target: Each creature in th e blast
Attack: +11 vs. Will
Hit: 2d6 + 6 psychic damage.
Effect: The blast creates a zone that lasts until the end of your next turn. The zone is heavily obscured and blocks line of sight.

Web of Shadows Warlock Attack 1
Daily Arcane, Implement, Necrotic, Shadow, Zone
Standard Action Area burst 1 within 10 squares
Target: Each enemy in the burst
Attack: +11 vs. Reflex
Hit: 2d6 + 6 necrotic damage, and the target is immobilized (save ends).
Miss: Half damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).
Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of the encounter. Any creature that willingly enters the zone is immobilized until the end of its next turn.

Deathly Conduit Warlock Attack 5
Daily Arcane, Implement, Necrotic, Shadow, Teleportation
Standard Action Area burst 1 with in 10 squares
Target: Each creature in the burst
Attack: +11 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d6 + 6 necrotic damage. and the target is blinded (save ends).
Miss: Half damage.
Effect: Each creature adjacent to you takes 10 necrotic damage, and you can teleport to an unoccupied square in the burst .

UTILITY

Caiphon's Leap Warlock Utility 2
Encounter Arcane, Teleportation
Immediate Reaction Personal
Trigger: An enemy cursed by you hits you with a melee attack
Effect: You reduce the damage you take by 4. You then teleport 2 squares.

Mirror Darkly Warlock Utility 6
Encounter Arcane, Conjuration, Shadow, Teleportation
Minor Action Ranged 5
Effect: You conjure a shade in an unoccupied square within range. The shade occupies its square and lasts until the end of your next turn. The shade can be attacked. It uses your defenses, and it is destroyed if it takes any damage.
While the shade persists, you are insubstantial and you can use your space or the shade's space as the origin of your attacks.
Aftereffect: You can teleport to a square formerly occupied by the shade.

[/sblock]

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Summoned Leather Armor +2, Accurate rod of Stolen Starlight +2, Longsword, Deep-Pocket Cloak +2, Headband of Perception (heroic tier), Potion of Vigor (heroic tier) (2), Potion of Resistance (heroic tier), 30 gp[/sblock]

I chose many HoS powers, but I have included the mechanics with my sheet.

The character emphasis a bit the secondary controller role of the warlock.

Last edited:

Maddness

First Post
Level 6
Dwarf, Cleric
Channel Divinity, Healing Word.

Ability Sores:
Standard:
Str 16, Con 12, Dex 8, Int 11, Wis 14, Cha 14.
Final:
Str 16, Con 14, Dex 8, Int 11, Wis 16, Cha 14.

Base Def:
AC: 13, Fort: 16, Ref: 13, Will: 18.
+ Mail Armour
AC:19, Fort: 16, Ref: 13, Will: 18.

Skills
Trained:
Diplomacy (10) Heal (11) Insight (11) Religion (8)
Untrained:
Acrobatics (1) Arcana (3) Athletics (5) Bluff (5) Dungeoneering (8) Endurance (6) History (3) Intimidate (5) Nature (6) Perception (6) Religion (8) Stealth (1) Streetwise (5) Thievery (1)

Feats:
Ritual Caster (Class)
Weapon Focus mace (Level 1)
Moradin’s Resolve (Level 2)
Durable (Level 4)
Dodge Giants (Level 6)

Powers:
Class: Channel Divinity (PM1)

At-Will Attack:
Righteous Brand (PM1)
Priest’s Shield (PM1)

Encounter Attack:
Wrathful Thunder (PM1)
Blazing Beacon (PM1)

Daily Attack:
Avenging Flame (PM1)
Rune of Peace (PM 1)

Utility:
Sanctuary (PM1)
Cure Serious Wounds (PM1)

Items:
Mace, Exalted Armour +2 (PH1), Magic Holy Symbol +6 (PH1), Lightening Weapon +1 (PH1), Waterstrider Boots (PH1), Adventure’s Kit, Ritual Book, Everburning Torch GP: 45

Hope this is ok.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Not really sure if I should get back into PbP, but...

Male Elf Archer Ranger 6 of Mallanas
Skills: Athletics, Endurance, Nature, Perception, Stealth
Feats: Defensive Mobility, Light Step, Elven Precision, Weapon Focus (Bows), Far Shot
At Will: Careful Attack, Nimble Strike
Encounter: Elven Accuracy, Two Fanged Strike, Crucial Advice, Thundertusk Boar Strike, Weave Through The Fray
Daily: Hunter's Bear Trap, Splintering Shot
Equipment: Deathcut Hide +1, Lightning Longbow +2, Amulet of Protection +2, Everlasting Provisions, 2 Shortswords, Backpack, Bedroll, Flint + Steel, Belt Pouch, Waterskin, 60 Arrows, Climber's Kit, Everburning Torch, 50' Silk Rope, Tent, Leftover Cash

Mallanas? Don't know that one. My google-fu suggests he is evil, though.

Can you send me a full sheet to

dwm at sunny dot ne dot jp?

Then I'll tkae a look at it in detail.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Level 6 Eladrin Warlock (Dark)

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, Summoned Leather Armor +2, Accurate rod of Stolen Starlight +2, Longsword, Deep-Pocket Cloak +2, Headband of Perception (heroic tier), Potion of Vigor (heroic tier) (2), Potion of Resistance (heroic tier), 30 gp[/sblock]

I chose many HoS powers. I will post them this weekend as I did with the below character, if this is enough for you:
Malkyr Tsul

The character emphasis a bit the secondary controller role of the warlock.

Ok, let me give everything a good looking over. I'm sure it is fine, though.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Mace, Exalted Armour +2 (PH1), Magic Holy Symbol +6 (PH1), Lightening Weapon +1 (PH1), Waterstrider Boots (PH1), Adventure’s Kit, Ritual Book, Everburning Torch GP: 45

Hope this is ok.

I assume the magic holy symbol is level 6, and not +6, but looks fine

I am hoping we get one mroe person, but I think we could start with three.

Kaodi

Hero
Heilar of Mallanas
Male Elven Archer Ranger 6, Neutral

Initiative +7, Speed 7, Passive Insight 16, Passive Perception 23, Low-Light Vision

AC 21 (23 vs OA), Fort 18, Ref 20, Will 18
HP 50, Bloodied 25, HSV 12 HS 8

Acrobatic +7, Arcana +3, Athletics* +9, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance* +8, Heal +6, History +3, Insight +6, Intimidate +2, Nature* +13, Perception* +13, Religion +3, Stealth* +12, Streetwise +2, Thievery +6

Light Step, Elven Precision, Weapon Focus (Bows), Far Shot, Defensive Mobility

Fey Origin, Group Awareness, Wild Step, Hunter's Quarry, Prime Shot

Basic Ranged +11 vs AC, 1d10+7 Dmg (25/45 range)
Basic Melee +8 vs AC, 1d6+2 Dmg

Careful Attack +13 vs AC, 1d10+7 Dmg OR +10 vs AC, 1d6+2 Dmg
Nimble Strike +11 vs AC, 1d10+7 Dmg and Shift 1 square before or after attack

Elven Accuracy Reroll attack with +2 bonus
Two Fanged Strike One target 2 x +11 vs AC, 1d10+7 Dmg, +3 if both hit OR 2 x +8 vs AC, 1d6+2 Dmg, +3 if both hit
Crucial Advice Ally can reroll Athletics, Endurance, Nature, Perception or Stealth with +3 bonus
Thundertusk Boar Strike 2 x +11 vs AC, 1d10+7 Dmg, push 1 square, or 4 squares if both hit same target OR 2 x +8 vc AC, 1d6+2 Dmg, push 1 square, or 4 squares if both hit same target
Weave Through The Fray Shift 3 squares if enemy moves adjacent

Hunter's Bear Trap +11 vs AC, 2d10+7 Dmg and slowed/5 ongoing damge, save ends both OR +8 vs AC, 2d6+2 Dmg and slowed/5 ongoing damge, save ends both; miss half damage slowed until end of next turn
Splintering Shot +11 vs AC, 3d10+7 Dmg and -2 attack rolls until end of encounter; miss half damage and -1 attacks
Lightning Longbow Target and each enemy with 2 squares take 1d6 Lightning damage

Deathcut Hide +1, Lightning Longbow +2, Amulet of Protection +2, Everlasting Provisions, Backpack, Bedroll, Flint + Steel, Belt Pouch, Waterskin, 60 Arrows, Climbers Kit, Everburning Torch, 50 Silk Rope, Tent, 60 gp 9 sp

Goken100

First Post
If you've got room for 1 more, I'd like to play.

I'll get started on a character now. I'm thinking probably a human wizard, but first I'll look over the background, creation guidelines, and other players. I've always wanted to to play a white-bearded wizard, so starting at level 6 might finally give me the chance. :)

Remove ads