• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

{M&M} A few gripes.

Victim

First Post
And it's so much fun to keep track of finances in real life that we should do it for all or modern game characters too.

Shapermc

First Post
Victim said:
And it's so much fun to keep track of finances in real life that we should do it for all or modern game characters too.

LOL well In my modern games my characacters usually have more money than me so I get to RP haveing "spare cash" to spend.

This topic has obviously derailed to opinions and seems to be getting personal. can a mod please lock it?

Voneth

First Post
What may help is the the four page preview of the game at GR site. preview link

That covers the heart of the system in a nutshell, as well as that was the first thing I read and I had little difficulty with the rulebook.

After you finish reading the book, you will find that it is easy to reference a lot of things because of its format of color coding the chapters and table together. If I want the combat chapter, I'll flip until I see Red boarders and red tables. :)

Benedict

First Post
I agree, this game totally rocks, but it has some typos and editing mistakes for which I would like to see errata. Here is a more humorous sort of error:

Travel example on page 104?

"At his speed, [8,190mph] Marathon can circle the Earth in under an hour."

Holy smoke! This guy is so fast he makes the Earth's circumference 1/3rd it's normal size!

On that note, does anyone know if there is an errata sheet available for M&M?

benedict

Kenpo Wolf

First Post
There is a ongoing errata discussion over at Green Ronin's M&M forum. It is a 'sticky' topic so it will be easy to find. As far as the official errata is concerned, I hear they won't be any until all the errata complaints come in. Don't quote me on this because I'm putting my own slant on things which I read over there :)

Neo

Explorer
Forcegypsy said:
Perfect example of knocking the rules when you haven't taken the time to understand them. You can always take 10 or 20 on Wealth checks. Also the DC for a movie ticket is a 1 or 2.

Feel free to gripe, but at least gripe with a legitimate concern. A simple glance at the faq sticky post would clarify many of your misunderstandings.

I like a gripe as much as the next person, next time make it a real one :D

Who are you directing these comments at ForceGypsy?

projectdaedalus

First Post
I agree with the earlier post about making characters. Read the combat system so that you understand the differences between the traditional HP system and the M&M system as well as stun/lethal points. Then, once you have a grasp of how that works, start making characters. Try to break the system, or at least exhaust your ideas to their fullest. I've made probably 20 characters so far. It's a lot of fun, and I understand everything perfectly now.

SmokestackJones

First Post
Hey there,

Yes, I kind of wished they'd put some character creation examples in there. It would have made understanding it a lot easier.

As for wealth, the book has a sidebar with an opitional wealth system.

IMWO, I thought wealth was irrelavant in supers games. You want something and you have the background for it (rich, resources, etc.), the GM says yea or nay. Last thing I want to do is CPA my character.

-Smokestack Jones
Maker of the Sampo!

Remove ads