• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M2E] Freedom League Unlimited (OOC)

hero4hire

Explorer
Only if you assume he's going to make EVERY badguy specifically to defeat my character who fatigues himself whenever he's uses this power... which would be both innapropriate (Basing all the badguys to defeat one character) and unwise (As the attack won't be used all that often).

Okie dokie.

Hmm.. any specifics you'd like me to reduce? I was trying to reach caps on the skills he'd use most

I am not asking you to reduce them just justification for them. Like a Wolverine/Batman level intimidate for example? I usually ask this when I see any maxed out skills.

Er.. base power? Wouldn't the most expensive power be the 'base' power? I s'pose it does't matter, I can just do as you suggested. I just thought that with an array you payed for the most expensive power + 1/other power.

Arrays have a default power which is usually in my experience the first one listed. But yes arrays cost the same regardless. I just figured your uber-stealth guy would like subtle on his default power and it rounded out the numbers.

Was actually supposed to be Fortitdue, not Reflex. my mistake. (That is allowed, I believe?)

That is allowed by RAW but I would need the SFX behind why it effects fort.
Usually those are reserved for Poison or Disease type effects.

Hmm.. The reason I did that is b/c I'm basing it off the mind drain ability from Psi-Ops, which required you to sneak up behind a guard to use it.

Sure that max sense. But at a +22 stealth with hide in Plain sight, it really stops becoming limiting.

Actually, that was one of the two reasons I took it.. What about the fatigue caused by my tiring flaw on my blast wave? Could I blast wave one round, and then heal that fatigue by successfully 'mind draining' somebody?

I am not sure I am comfortable with anyone circumventing a flaw that easily.

Okay

Hmm.. so for example if I were tied up/paralyzed and had to use TK, I would get a hero point for the temporary loss of 4 ranks of telekinesis, then? That seems a bit over-powered even to me. :D

Mmmm. More like I would screw with your TK, make you have concentration checks or arbitrarily lose ranks as I saw fit in the situation. Then a predictable "lose 4 ranks"

Basically as written you want a Power Loss (minor intensity) when hands are Bound (which occurs how often? every few adventures maybe?) That alone is only worth 1pp on your WHOLE power. Limit it to a third of your power.

Frankly it is worthless. Now come up with something that happens EVERY adventure limit it to a 4 ranks of your power THEN it is worth 1pp.

hero4hire

Explorer
I think I mentioned this in my OP but I will say it again.

If something ends up not working out in gameplay, making the game less fun, you will be politely asked to change it.

DM_Matt

First Post
The only thing I see off on points is your super-senses. It should be 7 ranks for RADAR plus the 3 add-ons. This makes 76 power points in the Device.

As for the rest. I am satisfied he could've been a SEAL. My only gripe would be the Survival ranks are slightly to low but that is a quibble at best. He could be "out of practice".

Yeah, the CEO & Urban Superhero life, along with movement abilities in his suit that make "trapped in the wilderness for a long time" situations really unlikely should keep him quite out of practice. Also, while I bought it for background, I don't think I've ever seen anyone roll a survival check in Supers MM (Though I'd imagine that non-Supers MM would use it more, especially military, post-apocalyptic, low-PL, etc. settings). Its just not a situation that superheroes tend to be in unless they are doing extra-dimensional or interplanetary adventures with unreliable travel. Still, if accepted, I might try to monkey with the build to get a little more in Survival if you want, as well as some equipment.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
You missed the context of my statement, which was h4h suggesting that you drop Alternate Save and Tiring. If you had Blast 10 (Perception, Area-Cone) and h4h did throw defense-shifted villain(s) at us, Iron Fist still wouldn't feel useful at all compared to a character with that power, which would absolutely massacre said villain(s) in a way that Iron Fist can only dream about
The toughness save on it is no greater than a base attack (And actually lower than my Telekinesis attack). Also, I still think that a GM basing all (or most) badguys around a single attack power of a single character (Regardless that it is fairly powerful) would be unfair. Though having said that, I do apologizing for misquoting you.

I am not asking you to reduce them just justification for them. Like a Wolverine/Batman level intimidate for example? I usually ask this when I see any maxed out skills.
Well, the maxed skills were b/c he's a highly trained spec-ops. I'll probably want to keep the notice/stealth maxed b/c they make sense for him. The intimidate and Disble device I could drop to say 12 ranks, but I still think he'd be a pretty intimidating guy. (Military commando with psy powers? I'd be scared.)

Arrays have a default power which is usually in my experience the first one listed. But yes arrays cost the same regardless. I just figured your uber-stealth guy would like subtle on his default power and it rounded out the numbers.
Aye, good point.

That is allowed by RAW but I would need the SFX behind why it effects fort.
Usually those are reserved for Poison or Disease type effects.
Another good point... I'll drop the alt save and add selective, but keep it tiring, would that be allright?

Sure that max sense. But at a +22 stealth with hide in Plain sight, it really stops becoming limiting.
ah.. but without the limit, it's just somethign I can do anytime someone gets within 5' of me.. Hmm..

I am not sure I am comfortable with anyone circumventing a flaw that easily.
Hm.. will think.

Mmmm. More like I would screw with your TK, make you have concentration checks or arbitrarily lose ranks as I saw fit in the situation. Then a predictable "lose 4 ranks"

Basically as written you want a Power Loss (minor intensity) when hands are Bound (which occurs how often? every few adventures maybe?) That alone is only worth 1pp on your WHOLE power. Limit it to a third of your power.

Frankly it is worthless. Now come up with something that happens EVERY adventure limit it to a 4 ranks of your power THEN it is worth 1pp.
[/quote]

I'll come up with somethin. :)

Elric

First Post
kirinke- there are a lot of errors. The costs of individual powers don't match up to the cost of the arrays (e.g, Damaging Telekinesis is 3 pp/rank, so 8 ranks is 24 pp; that can't mean an array at rank 10) . You're way under defense bonus limits, and don't seem to have paid for the 4 ranks of Base Defense you have.

Given that h4h seems to want somewhat simpler characters than, say, DM_Matt does in the Superheroes of the Trust game, you might want to cut some of the APs from that huge first array (having that many similar powers isn't particularly point efficient, either).

It doesn't help that your powers are totally confusing. What is "Seletive" Emotion Control? Do you mean, say, Reversible?

Last edited:

Unkabear

First Post
Ooh, Ooh H4H can I bring Mr. E over into this game??? Mr. E I would love to bring a pulp throwback into the Freedom League Unlimited!

[sblock]
Mr. E as he has been come to be known has a long history. He was walking the earth before man learned to cultivate the earth. He was here when the preservers came and looked upon man and experimented. He was not the first, but was the first of his clan. His body was taken apart and his mind preserved within the machines. But he was not the greatest of them. His mind became separated and scattered and if not for another like unto himself he would have been lost to the machines. When he was reborn he was reborn into the same body that he would inhabit for countless years. He was brought to this world to be a confidant, a friend, a herald and a spy.

Mr. E was brought back by Mastermind and served him faithfully for many years. He was at his side in Atlantis, gathered information in China, tracked the movements of the Serpent People, and scouted out civilizations in search of places that would be in place to receive Mastermind at the right times. When Mastermind went into his sleeps Mr. E did not. He travelled the world in search of the next place, or time to bring his master back.

After the Renaissance Mr. E began to suspect his masters intentions. No longer was the goal to raise mankind to a higher plane like unto themselves and set them free in an enlightened world with him at the lead. Mastermind began to believe that he should rule by right and that all mankind should worship him and serve him due to his knowledge and power. To shape the world in HIS image. Mr. E began his journey to independence and eventually found it and himself in the turn of the 19th century.

Recent History
More and more men and women began to show great powers and do great things. After mentoring under the Grey Wolf, Mr. E struck out on his own. He was fairly successful in his own right and made a small name for himself. He travelled the world thwarting evil, fighting Nazi’s and secret societies (many he knew about or even had a hand in creating for his former master)

Mr. E continued his work even though his style of hero work was out of style. People fell in love with such as Centurion and other super heroes that could fly and battle giant robots with their fists instead of using intelligence and guile.

When Mastermind did finally wake into this world he appeared before Mr. E and expected him to follow and serve him again. But it was not to be. Mr. E stood defiant to his one time master and a battle commenced. Mr. E was beaten horribly and left to die. But luck was on his side that day and death did not take him, and no more would Mastermind look upon him. They still would face each other from time to time, and there was a grudging respect. But their once relationship was over, Mastermind no longer having use for the independent Mr. E.

So now he finds himself free, and continuing his brand of hero work. As he is essentially immortal he allows people to believe that his is merely another incarnation of Mr. E, having been several through the years since his original appearance in the 20’s. He currently resides in Denver Colorado where Super Villains tend to bypass in search of fame and glory in larger cities patrolled by bigger heroes. But still he finds his talents and skills useful and continues to defend his name.
[/sblock]

kirinke

First Post
kirinke- there are a lot of errors. The costs of individual powers don't match up to the cost of the arrays (e.g, Damaging Telekinesis is 3 pp/rank, so 8 ranks is 24 pp; that can't mean an array at rank 10) . You're way under defense bonus limits, and don't seem to have paid for the 4 ranks of Base Defense you have.

Given that h4h seems to want somewhat simpler characters than, say, DM_Matt does in the Superheroes of the Trust game, you might want to cut some of the APs from that huge first array (having that many similar powers isn't particularly point efficient, either).

It doesn't help that your powers are totally confusing. What is "Seletive" Emotion Control? Do you mean, say, Reversible?

Alrighty, I pared it down some, rewrote some other stuff, so, watcha think? Better?

hero4hire

Explorer
Most importantly, John Stone has dibs on flannel.

It's a strange thing. I like this character, despite it being very strange to me.
He is a Fed who looks like a lumberjack and has a really big hammer that makes him a skilled fighter. Despite his clunky looks he is a master detective, tactician and leader type. Very strange.:confused:

Basically what I would like to see is some cool sfx with the Hammer other then "I hit some stuff real good" and a Matrix dodge.

Perhaps instead of Dodge he has Shield (a la Thor?) and Perhaps some sort of shockwave thing when he strikes the ground (Trip?)

Weight Training would be a good feat for a lower Power Game but this is four color.

Go ahead and buy a rank of Super-Strength with the flaw for lifting only with the Training descriptor.

Last edited:

Remove ads