• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M2e] Red Sands Chronicles

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"Speak. What do you know of the damage in this place? NOW!"

"There should not be any damage to the inside of the bunker." He stepped forward towards the bunker. "It makes no sense to leave one's last defense in a state of disrepair if it may leave you at a disadvantage against an enemy."

The elder frowned as he looked at the damage. "The Warlord, he had a weapon, a sword that was not unlike a chainsaw." He paused, "But the Warlord could not have don't that damage since we wears a suit of Spartan Power armor and the bunker entrance is to narrow for him to enter."
OOC: :uhoh: Just imagine if Blackrat was still playing.

OOC: What does the inside of the bunker look like, Relique? Specifically, any signs of other damage not caused by us (that includes the back/circumference of the vault door)? How's the illumination in here by the way?

The bunker's walls are made of brick and concrete. The entrance hatch opens onto a small landing that is about 8 to 10 feel in length which ends at a set of stairs. The stairs are steep and appears to be a short landing every 10 steps. You are only able to see down to the second landing, since their appears to be a corner.

The bunker is lit by a series of caged light fixtures that hold filament styled lights. The lights are spaced so that there is one over head, and one mounted on the ceiling over each of the landings. The overhead lift fixture is broken.

There appears to be a dead body the second landing. The body is positioned so that it looks like he was shot from behind. The wall above him is shot up.

jkason

First Post
Brian Shaughnessy

Brian shudders as he sees the body. He lets the more tactical and aggressive Seif do his inquiring, while Brian turns his extra-normal senses to the hallway and the body.

OOC: Using infravision to see if the body's still warm / if there are any other heat-related signs of people having been here recently.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: Using infravision to see if the body's still warm / if there are any other heat-related signs of people having been here recently.
The body is still warm. If anything he has been dead for only about two to three hours at most.

There is no signs of any recent heat signatures. (I"m assuming thermal heat signatures only last a few minutes).

Shayuri

First Post
"No," Deezy said as she wiggled the pipe, trying to see if she could get at the innards. "But they were communicating with radio. They probably didn't know."

She sighs. "Well, fixing this is probably more trouble than it's worth. I can still talk to 'em in the Beast. Lets find the elevator controls and see if they're still working."

jkason

First Post
Brian Shaughnessy

"The body's still warm," Brian says to the group. He squints a moment, looking at something the others can't see. "Two, three hours at the most since he fell. I think that gives us a probable timeframe for this," he points to the ruined intercom pipe.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
A timeline that did not at all fit with a morning assault on the gates...

"Cover me," concluded Seif. Without waiting he stepped down three steps, smoothly reversed-grip on his dexter sword and fired. Steam surged, metal snicked madly against metal: with a meaty thud and a spurt of blood, the point pierced through flesh and into concrete...

[sblock=Actions]Ranged Pin on the dead body -- with, I'm hoping, an auto success on the Helpless target. Seif figures the impact should either jolt a faker into action or trigger any deadman traps left behind. I suggest the rest of us ready some actions as well, just in case what's triggered is the main ambush. :][/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"Cover me." Seif extends the sword, pushing the body into the landing's wall with a bloody splat.

Almost immediately, the sound of automatic gunfire can be heard as a burst of lead is fired into the landing's wall.

The elevator is not located in the entrance way, it's on the "mini" landing between Seif and the first main landing (where the body is located).

Shayuri

First Post
At the sound of gunfire, Deezy drops to a crouch and looks wildly around as she charges the 'omniblaster' on her right forearm.

"Where are they?!" she demands. "Who's shooting?! Desert mutants don't shoot guns!"

Remove ads