• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M2e] Red Sands Chronicles

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"I see you. Calling friends..."
"We *are* friends," replied Seif while gesturing back to those at the top of the steps. One target. Up high. Mechanical (this last he mouthed).

Shayuri said:
...and then I couldn't try..." She plucks a small device off of her left sleeve cuff. A long, thin metal thing with several controls along its length and a gleaming blue light at the end. "...this. I just have to get close enough, which might be tricky."

With that Deezy started down the stairs and over towards the passage the crab lurked within.
Seif held out an arm, forbidding: "I advise quick flooding the passage down instead." A nod to the Ottoman.

[sblock=Actions]Seif is suggesting the Ottoman use a hero point to gain Indirect on his water blast power.

If Deezy is still going forward with it, Seif will step out with her and cover her with his ranged Deflect power.[/sblock]
OOC: "down the stairs" = Unless I misunderstood, these are the steps leading down to the actual bunker.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
(OOC - Hee...this is probably a good time to go into what the DRUID does. I originally intended it to work like the old Datalink power...in that it could interface with machines and computers and allow Deezy to operate them from a distance. In hindsight, now I realize it might need some kind of "Mind Control: Computers Only" power as well to do that. What do you think?)

OOC: Datalink really wasn't about controlling a computer, it was more akin to having a wifi capable of connecting to any computer allowing you to use computer skills through that connection (ie to Hack the computer you just connected to). The ability to control that computer without using skills (Machine Control) was a power feat/alternate power of Datalink. So it's only really a 1 point add on.

Machine controll essentially is mind control (or move objects ???) limited to machines/computers

OOC: *Down* the stairs, Shayuri. Unless I misunderstodd, these are the steps leading down to the actual bunker.
OOC: Yup.. unless she was running to the beast to translate... also part of the confusion.

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Capital suggestion, but the girl might be able to do something about them if we give her the chance." said that, the Ottoman disappeared in a cloud of steam. He moved upwards towards the threat.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: Reorganized for flow.

[sblock=The Robot, How It looks.]The crab robot appears to have been built on what appears to be a salvaged crab robot chassis with random bits of metal welded on patch its damaged armor plating. The crab's pincher are little more then chain-guns with a saw bladed hydrolic clamp attached.[/sblock]

"I advise quick flooding the passage down instead."

"Capital suggestion, but the girl might be able to do something about them if we give her the chance." Sahid Positions himself while in hidden...
Sahid Stealth: 23

"It's sending a coded message. Not sure where to! I could try to decode it, but I'd have to get back in...and then I couldn't try... this. I just have to get close enough, which might be tricky." Deezy moves forward with her DRUID extended towards the robot and is intercepted by Seif who forms a protective barrier between her and the robot.
Deezy Knowledge Technology: 19
[Sblock=Deezy's knowledge about The Crab Robot]It looks like it was build from a SIGMA Crab Drone. The remains of SIGMA Crabs (of various sizes) can be found all over Mars. They apparently were used during the Great war, by earth.[/sblock]

Seif Looks up at the robot then states, "We *are* friends,".
Seif Bluff: 5 vs 0 --> Success!
/Facepalm such a horrible bluff. Seif must have been blinking and nudging Deezy while making it... yet.. the robot believed it.

"Hurray! Mission a success! Play time, Now?"

You can all hear the sound of the elevator's motor running.

* * * ROUND TWO * * *​

The robot climbs down from it's perch. It doesn't notice Sahid or Brian.

[sblock=Round 2 Initiative]
Group 1: Badguys
........Mechanized Crab
Group 2: PCS
........Brian
........Seif
........Deezy
........Sahid

Group 3: ???
....... Elevator[/sblock]
[sblock=Round 2 Status Update]
Brian: Hiding DC 25
Sahid: Hiding DC 23
Elevator: 3 Rounds till Top.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Brian Shaughnessy

Brian, amazed that such a simple gambit worked, stays hidden for now. Who knew what a giant, armed crab-robot thought 'play' was, anyway?

OOC: Holding for now until we see if the crab stays friendly / can be deactivated

Shayuri

First Post
The DRUID whined, and suddenly a little holographic display popped into the air above it. Deezy squinted at it and her eyes widened.

"This is old tech," she murmured. "These things were used by Earth forces back in the war. But look at the condition its in!" She giggled then, out of girlish glee and in reaction to Seif's gambit.

"They must have really skimped on the authentication protocol," Deezy comments, adjusting the DRUID's interface. "It's probably meant to fight mutants who don't talk back. Keep it busy for a sec while I try a memory dive."

(OOC - BAH! I put in +15 instead of +10! Sorry! Just call it a result of 26 please! Deezy's trying examine the robot's commands, so she can tell what it'll do, and its memory so she can see what's happened here before we arrived.)

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
(OOC - BAH! I put in +15 instead of +10! Sorry! Just call it a result of 26 please! Deezy's trying examine the robot's commands, so she can tell what it'll do, and its memory so she can see what's happened here before we arrived.)

OOC: The first roll was correct since Hacking is a use of Computers.
Deezy's character sheet said:
Computers +15 (10 ranks + 5 Int)
Knowledge (Technology) +10 (5 ranks +5 Int)

Binder Fred

"Ha... I am Seif al Mariam," said Seif to the robot after a short pause. Then his mind sped back up to speed: "Full report: what has happened here? She's a friend as well," he quickly concluded when Deezy started doing -- whatever it was she was doing.

[sblock=OOC]Quick ID on the dead body, Relique please: is he one of the raiders, a villager, other?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"It's probably meant to fight mutants who don't talk back. Keep it busy for a sec while I try a memory dive." Deezy begins to hack the robot...
Deezy Computer Use: 31 vs 27 --> SUCCESS!
OOC: Aren't you glad Hacking is Computer Use? I'll let you access it's command list this round.

... and manages to defeat the computer's security algorithms.

Dumbfounded, Brian remains hidden.

"I am Seif al Mariam. Full report: what has happened here? She's a friend as well." As Seif looks towards Deezy's direction, he quickly glances at the body and deduces that he was most likely a villager.

"Played 'Target Practice' with Sleeping man." The robot paused for a moment, "Would you like to play a game?"

[sblock=Command List]
Assist
Attack
Defend
Guard
Help
Patrol
Play >
..... Fetch
..... Follow the leader
..... Hide and Seek
..... Simon Saids
..... Tag
..... Target Practice
Sleep
[/sblock]

* * * ROUND TWO UPDATE * * *​

[sblock=Round 2 Initiative]
Group 1: Badguys
........Mechanized Crab
Group 2: PCS
........Brian (Holding)
........Seif
........Deezy

........Sahid

Group 3: ???
....... Elevator[/sblock]
[sblock=Round 2 Status Update]
Brian: Hiding DC 25
Sahid: Hiding DC 23
Elevator: 3 Rounds till Top.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Binder Fred

"No." Seif glanced at the whining elevator, then at Deezy... "We will go down to meet the villagers. Will you lead us?"

<Response robot?>

Remove ads