• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M2e] Red Sands Chronicles

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The Ottoman stays in stealth.

The elevator continues on it's slow assent.

* * * * * * *​

"No. We will go down to meet the villagers. Will you lead us?"

"Hurray! Follow the Leader!!" The robot turns around then begins to walk down the passageway.

Deezy notices the robot send a message to several unknown individuals.

[sblock=Message]
Play.FollowLeader(Unit01);
[/sblock]
* * * ROUND THREE UPDATE * * *​

[sblock=Round 3 Initiative]
Group 1: Badguys
........Mechanized Crab
Group 2: PCS
........Brian
........Seif
........Deezy
........Sahid

Group 3: ???
....... Elevator[/sblock]
[sblock=Round 3 Status Update]
Brian: Hiding DC 25
Sahid: Hiding DC 23
Elevator: 2 Rounds till Top.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"This command tree looks like it was written by a five year old," Deezy observes with a titter. "I mean, some kind of weird genius five year old to program an oldtech computer, but still. I bet I can find an objectref to 'poohead' if I look hard enough."

She looks at Seif. "Want me to have it do anything? Seems like it's accepting your commands for now."

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"I wish somebody hard to see would weld the rising box and warn us if need be," replied the hard-eyed guide, somewhat abstractedly. Then he thought on Deezie's words as he started padding down the steps, pushing the robot ahead to go: "Faster."

"Memories. Weaknesses," he finally mouthed Deezy's way.

Binder Fred

Meanwhile, Brian, already holding at the back of the group, hesitated... then quietly detached himself and began staring at the elevator door -- hard. This was a little outside his usual use of his powers, but he was strangely confident he could manage...

[Sblock=Actions]He's doing this from the relative safety of the far corner, by the way.

If you don't allow a straight use of Ignite to weld the elevator door shut, Relique, then how about using a HP to Disable Device the elevator at range? Another possibility would be to maybe use a HP to Create Object a "welded door"?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Deezy frowns as she tries to read his lips.

"Mammaries? It's...a robot crab." She rolls her eyes. "You don't have to talk quietly. It won't react to anything you say unless it's something it's programmed to react to. In fact, here."

She squinched her face in concentration, poking just the tip of her tongue out from between her bared teeth as she fiddled with the DRUID to send a coded series of pulses straight to the crab's CPU.

(Hacking check to try to put the robot to Sleep.)

Binder Fred

«Assuming that worked:

Seif nearly tripped on the suddenly crashing crab. He looked down on the inert machinery, then back up to Deezy. "And this advantages us... how?" he asked as he leapt over the obstacle and extended a hand back to help her across.

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"I wish somebody hard to see would weld the rising box and warn us if need be,"

Brian Concentrates on the metal gate...
OOC: Technically, I think he would have to get it to disabled, but I'll hand weave it.
... causing the latch to weld shut.

"Want me to have it do anything? Seems like it's accepting your commands for now."

"Memories. Weaknesses,"

"Mammaries? It's...a robot crab.""You don't have to talk quietly. It won't react to anything you say unless it's something it's programmed to react to. In fact, here."

Deezy Hacks the robot....
Dezzy Hacking: 25 vs 29 --> Fail
... and fails to circumvent the robot's security.

"WARNING: Un-authorized access. Calling home... Shutting down." The robot turns around and there is a blinding flash of light as it sends out a coded message. As your eyes readjusts, it sends out a coded message and you immidately hear what sounds like a piano and several string instruments play a few notes before the robot powers down.

"And this advantages us... how?"

[sblock=Round 4 Initiative]
Group 2: PCS
........Brian
........Seif
........Deezy
........Sahid

Group 3: ???
....... Elevator[/sblock]
[sblock=Round 3 Status Update]
Crab Robot: Power Down.
Brian: Hiding DC 25
Sahid: Hiding DC 23
Elevator: 1 Rounds till Top.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Deezy blinks, nonplussed, then gives Seif a sheepish grin. "Oops. Okay, well, that wasn't what I was trying to do," she explains. "I was just going to put it to sleep so I could check out its memories without having to worry about what it was doing."

She sighs. "Stupid robot. Okay, so...I'm gonna..." she waves at the elevator door. "...take cover or something."

With that, Deezy ducks back out of the short hallway leading to the elevator door and around the corner so she's not in the immediate line of fire.

Binder Fred

OOC: Note to all: Seif is presently heading down the steps as fast as he can without running (double-move speed). Follow if you will.

Notice +10 on high, please Relique.

Remove ads