• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M2e] Red Sands Chronicles

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OCC: He wouldn't be able to control the water beyond his perception range, so beyond the corner the water will do what it naturally does, which is flow.

FYi. I"m updating tonight.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Survive," sighed the desert man as he smoothly laid a hand on her neck and then showed her, pulling her from the corner and to his side, both backs against the wall, after just a glimpse of the upcoming menace.

OOC: Hopefully before it spotted Deezy's peeking head. ;) Shayuri, you can now read the Seif-only sblock in Relique's previous update.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Brian slicks the floor (at floor 0) with a thin layer of ice. As he does so he hears something bang on the elevator's metallic gate. After a moment, a metalic child-like voice can be heard "Gate Malfunction. Initiating manual override protocals in three.... two..... one...."

The crab sticks it's punchers through the openings of the elevator's gate as it tries to pry the grate open....
Grate: Toughness 20 vs 20 --> Injured 1
OOC: It's going to be several minutes before the door breaks. :D

...the grate appears to have been slightly damaged, but holds firm.

Seif pulls Deezy over, giving her a peak at the next stairwell...
Crab 2 Spot vs Deezy: 11 vs 19 --> Deezy successful
... Deezy was not noticed.

[sblock=Anyone with a view of Landing 3]
The crab was able to move to the midpoint of the stairwell 3.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Round 5 Initiative]
Group 1: PCS
........Brian, Landing 1
........Seif, Landing 2
........Deezy, Landing 2
........Sahid, Stairs 2

Group 2: Robot Crabs
........Crab 02, Stair 3
........Crab 03, Floor 0 (Elevator)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Round 5 Status Update]
Crab Robot 01: Powered Down (at Stairs 2).
Grate: Injured 1
Brian: Hiding DC 25
Sahid: Hiding DC 23
Elevator: 1 Rounds till Top.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Deezy's mouth makes a little 'O' of surprised comprehension and she pulls back behind the corner.

"Well, why didn't you say so?" she asks more quietly. After a second to think she says,"Okay, I'm gonna try to reboot the one that shut down and get it to send an all-clear. But you know something? This is not what I was expecting. I mean, these guys knew we were coming. Why not send people up to meet us?" She gives the Elder a furtive, frustrated look. "And these are his people. These drones should recognize him...he should be able to get us in. But he hasn't even said anything."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
OOC: The Elder is keeping WAY out of harms way. First crab and dead person was spotted he quickly evacuated. In other words, those aren't his crab drones.. :p

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Hostile now," judged Seif after a considered look at the first crab. "Take control of the second one when it nears." He readied his swords and waited, listening to the nearing impacts of metal against concrete...

[sblock=Actions Seif]Ready Action Deflect to protect Deezy while she does her thing.[/sblock]
Meanwhile the Ottoman too considered the first crab, scimitar in hand. His old self would not have hesitated. And it was, after all, a machine, unalive despite the childish voice... The scimitar stabbed down, surgically precise, and then he walked on, down the steps towards the next corner.

[sblock=Actions Ottoman]Coup de Grace on Crab01, assuming Deezy didn't decide to re-animate it by then. Catch up to Seif and Deezy afterwards (technically next round, I guess)[/sblock]

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Brian Shaughnessy

Brian, hoping the elevator doors hold, makes his way down the stairwell, trying to get a peek at what it is that has everyone else so excited...

OOC: Move just below half speed to maintain his Stealth, hoping to get a look at the second crab. If he can, I'll probably have him throw an ice slick at it from at the corner (where he can hopefully slip back out of sight). If not, it'll be next round before he gets there?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
The Ottoman attempts to Coup de Grace the immobile crab...
OOC: Unfortunately it's immune to Fortitude effects so it's a no go. HOWEVER, I will treat it as an attack to break.
Crab01 Tough: 10 vs 21 --> Destroyed.

...destroying the crab before Deezy turns to head up the stairs.

Brian slowly moves down the stairs and approaches the landing.
At half movement you end up 30 ft from the landing.. but technically since the crab isn't at the landing you could risk moving at full speed because Seif is blocking the way.

"Hostile now. Take control of the second one when it nears." Seif readies himself to deflect the Crab's attacks....

Crab02 reaches the landing, and immediately spots seif. "Simon saids: Target Practice on villagers.. yey!" The crab opens fire on Seif...
Crab02 vs Seif: 7 vs 12---> Seif
... and Seif deflects the attack.

Crab03 continues to force the door open.

OOC: [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] if Deezy attempts to hack she could try to send a command right off the bat considering how bad the security seemed to be on the previous crab.

And yeah, the round isn't over until Deezy decides to act. :D

[sblock=Round 5 Initiative]
........Brian, Landing 2
........Seif, Landing 2

........Deezy, Landing 2
........Sahid, Landing 2

........Crab 02, Landing 2

Note: The higher the number the deeper into the plateau you are.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Round 5 Status Update]
Crab Robot 01: Powered Down (at Stairs 2).
Grate: Injured 2... breaks in about 13 rounds.
Elevator: 1 Rounds till Top.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
"Target practice?! That's no good!" Deezy aims the DRUID at the attacking crab-bot and fiddles with it as it emits a high pitched whirring noise.

(Deezy is attempting to put the robot to sleep so they can figure out their next step.)

Last edited:

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"Target practice?! That's no good!" Deezy attempts to hack the crab...
Deezy Computer: 30 vs 12 ---> Deezy successful
...and manages to issue the "sleep command."

"WARNING: Un-authorized access. Calling home... Shutting down." There is another flash of light as crab02 sends its coded message.

There's static as a raspy voice could be heard from above. So... which of you primatives broke my robots?!?! No matter... no need to tell me... you'll all be dead soon. The man gives a raspy laugh. Oh, Elder Dunesage, I hope I end up winning your daughter ... because I'll make sure.... this little crab broadcast's my making her into a woman... won't that be fun? Then, when I'm through with her she'll smell nice... like aether and burning flesh. Mmm... so sweet. He laughs.

The muffled sound of the Elder's voice could be heard responding to the crab.

"What was that? Maybe you should come closer... so I can shoot your face off."

[sblock=Round 6 Initiative]
........Brian, Landing 2
........Seif, Landing 2
........Deezy, Landing 2
........Sahid, Landing 2

Group 3: NPCs
........ Elder Dunesage.
Note: The higher the number the deeper into the plateau you are.
[/COLOR][/sblock]

[sblock=Round 6 Status ]
Crab Robot 01: Destroyed
Crab Robot 02: Powered down at Landing 3
Grate: Injured 2... breaks in about 13 rounds.
Elevator: 1 Rounds till Top.[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Remove ads