• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M2e] Red Sands Chronicles

jkason

First Post
Brian Shaughnessy

Brian frowns. "Likes the smell of burning flesh, does he?" Brian mutters, frowning as he hears the threats from whomever is controlling the crabs. "I'll be sure to keep that in mind..."

He shakes the emotion from his features then as he catches Seif in the corner of his eye.

"Sounds like we need to get moving, yeah?" he says, moving toward the stairs to the next landing.

Shayuri

First Post
"I might be able to get this crab on our side," Deezy says, peering down at the powered-down robot and rubbing her chin thoughtfully. "But he might have an override or something. It's what I'd do."

She looks up at the speaker. "He sounds pretty bad. We'd better hurry."

(OOC - How close is Deez to the Beast? It might be useful to swap her gadgets around a bit. The EMP in particular might come in handy for a straight up shootfest. :))

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"I might be able to get this crab on our side," Deezy says, peering down at the powered-down robot and rubbing her chin thoughtfully. "But he might have an override or something. It's what I'd do."

"The Ottoman will remain with you," decided the desert man after a pause. "We will scout ahead." Without waiting for a reply, Seif nodded curtly to the young mutant, hopped over the downed crab and continued on his way down, swords at the ready.

"A nest sealed with wax," pondered the Ottoman as he caught up with Deezy and looked down on her latest conquest. "Not what I was expecting... Why seal it at all, if the flies are friendly?"

[sblock=Actions]Go right ahead Shayuri: I figure you got a good shot at it. :) Meanwhile, me and Brian will scout ahead: double move down the straiwell, to peek around the next corner. Notice +10 on high, please. (I guess the ottoman is Readying an Action to do a break attempt on Crab02, should things go south).

Point of clarification, please Relique: where is the raspy voice coming from? Speakers in the walls? The crab trapped in the elevator? Outside near Dunesage (i.e. from another crab, newly arrived on the scene?). Number 3 would be... not so good. :eek:[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Point of clarification, please Relique: where is the raspy voice coming from? Speakers in the walls? The crab trapped in the elevator? Outside near Dunesage (i.e. from another crab, newly arrived on the scene?). Number 3 would be... not so good. :eek:

Ooc: The speakers via the elevator crab.. that mook's blue tooth enabled :D

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Seif and Brian continues down passed the third landing, shown a short series of steps, and into a short hallway that ends in a wide corridor. Directly across from the small hall he could see the elevator well. The corridor ends at a large metallic blast doors.

OCC: So What exactly s deezy doing?

Shayuri

First Post
"He can send signals to them over the radio," Deezy concludes. "I could install some kind of passcode, but...that would take awhile and be kind of boring. When it's shut down like this I guess he can't turn it back on, so that'll have to be good enough."

She looked up at the Ottoman with bemused surprise. "You used to be that other guy. That's a good question though. Maybe this guy isn't who was sending the code message?"

(OOC - Options. Can Deez attempt to use the DRUID on the crab in the elevator? How long before that crab can open the doors, estimated? Also, is there an open drop to the level that Seif and Brian are at that Deezy could just jump down and use her rocket boots to slow the fall? Or do you have to follow the stairs and wind your way down?)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
(OOC - Options. Can Deez attempt to use the DRUID on the crab in the elevator?
Yes.
How long before that crab can open the doors, estimated?
1m 18s (of continuous effort)
Also, is there an open drop to the level that Seif and Brian are at that Deezy could just jump down and use her rocket boots to slow the fall? Or do you have to follow the stairs and wind your way down?)
Only if the elevator wasn't on the top floor.

Shayuri

First Post
After a moment of dithering, she scowled and said, "Okay, lets try to get this one off our backs, THEN we'll go down with the others. Hang on."

The little instrument in her hands whirred and cycled through little colors on the LED at the end as it beamed wireless signals at the robot, trying to convince the crabby thing that IT was its master... The DRUID would seem a crude instrument to a tech of the lost age...radio and microwave emitters all bundled together willy-nilly with a clunky custom-designed user interface and specialized expert system to decode binary and machine scripts. The tech might slowly, grudgingly change his opinion when he saw it in operation by someone who knew how to use it, however.

Deezy waved it just so, like a magic wand, aiming the emitters so that they were in phase with the target. When it bleeped in warning, she quickly shifted frequencies to avoid being overridden by white noise. A more sophisticated electronic "lockpick" might automatically adjust for that kind of thing, but when building her own Deezy hadn't bothered to give the DRUID functions that she had the skills to perform herself. Thus, the crudity of the instrument was an illusion created by ignoring its most important component. Its inventor.

And she was really on a roll with these crabs, perhaps having pierced their systems often enough now that she had the hang of it.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Seif and Brian continues down passed the third landing, shown a short series of steps, and into a short hallway that ends in a wide corridor. Directly across from the small hall he could see the elevator well. The corridor ends at a large metallic blast doors.
"Block that one as well," he told Shaughnessy, indicating the elevator door. The rest of him scanned the corridor, looking for traps.

Finding none <I assume>, he switched to the massive doors. "Where - is - the controller?" he tensely whispered, eyes clicking across ill-understood mechanical features. Of Raspy-Voice there was no trace...

[sblock=Actions]Notice 10, please. First for traps, then for the opening mechanism of those doors (any damage on them, as if from the crabs trying to open them?). is there one of those intercoms nearby? Is it as damaged as the one above?[/sblock]
She looked up at the Ottoman with bemused surprise. "You used to be that other guy. That's a good question though. Maybe this guy isn't who was sending the code message?"

[MENTION=51271]Voda Vosa[/MENTION], this is what I had in mind when I began that line of thought for Sahid. Use it as you see fit:
[sblock=The Ottoman in training]"Quick flies fly in front of the pack," pointed out the man in white, frowning at that first, nonsensical sentence. "They could have become trapped by the closing of the doors, I suppose..." He gestured off-handedly to the downed crab, scimitar casually held in hand, "Are you done with this one?"[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads