• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[M&M2e] Red Sands Chronicles

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Brian quickly welds the elevator gate shut and Seif and Sahid plan their ambush. Meanwhile the Elder waits by the stair well.

OOC: My lap top needs to be fixed, so I'm currently using my old pc while hoping that I could prevent my pc from shutting down unexpectedly. What amazes me is that using the web on chrome doesnt gobble as much CPU as firefox does nor does it crash or slowdown my 2 gb pc).

[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] Deezys action? was she going to reprogram the crab before going down stairs? Once down the stairs was she going to see if she could fix the com?

Shayuri

First Post
(good gracious me, apologies in order here, hugely...)

Deezy decides not to try to reactivate the crab. She's not entirely sure doing so won't open it up to this mysterious man's attempts to regain control. The last thing they need is to have a crab suddenly turn on them from behind.

Once down with the others, she peers at the damaged communications systems and gets some tools out of various spots around her various belts and pockets and pouches.

"Lemme see if I can get this working again. Maybe we can talk to someone other than Sir Sociopath."

(Including a Technology roll.)

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Glancing at the panel, and dismantling it's cover, Deezy quickly discovers that unlike the previous intercom, the extent of the damage to this one is superficial.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
"Hm," agreed the desert man, taking up a defensive posture. Her comments brought up another worry though: "Where is he? Can he control those things from so far away?"

[sblock=Actions]Ready action an Impale on anything that decides to attack us.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"He could be just about anywhere," Deezy says absently as she wrestles the comm unit's plate off. "If this place is wired up right, he could send control signals all over from a central command room. Probably deep down, and smothered in defenses and...big...plate steel doors and stuff."

She squints at the revealed guts of the comm system and nods. "Now this, I can do something about. Might need a few minutes."

(Can I take 10? If so, the result is 20. If not, I'll roll. :))

jkason

First Post
Brian Shaughnessy

"If you can keep shutting down the crab-walkers, I think we should be able to handle the plate steel," Brian offers, standing back a bit to give Deezy room to work--and to avoid any spare parts she might fling aside as her attention is focused on her gadget-ing.

Binder Fred

"He could be just about anywhere," Deezy says absently as she wrestles the comm unit's plate off. "If this place is wired up right, he could send control signals all over from a central command room. Probably deep down, and smothered in defenses and...big...plate steel doors and stuff."

"That implies the villagers are all dead." Knuckles tightened on twin guards, jaw tightened on jaw: too many imponderables for his liking.

"If you can keep shutting down the crab-walkers, I think we should be able to handle the plate steel," Brian offers, standing back a bit to give Deezy room to work--and to avoid any spare parts she might fling aside as her attention is focused on her gadget-ing.

"Wait. Rest," advised Seif, seemingly more out of habit then true concern. "Do not jump in the lion's open jaw." He did not look directly at the man.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Elder Dunesage pondered for a moment as he stepped forward from the rear of the corridor.. "I do not think my people are dead. Why would they act so deceptive and make this journey be an ordeal murdered the people who sought refuge in the vault? However, I do agree that we must be cautious since we do not know if they left us surprise beyond that blast door."

OOC: I should have mentioned that Deezy is able to fix the comm system and get it working.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

Seif simply gestured invitation to the repaired intercom. "You know them," he said as he stepped out of the way.

<Response Dunesage?>

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads