• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M. Night Shyamalans "The Village"

mmu1

First Post
I'm kind of wondering whether this is his way of doing a fantasy movie but sneaking it in under the radar - much like he did with Unbreakable and comic book superheroes.

Maybe it's just a question of what they've showed in the previews, but so far they seem to be awfully vague as to when and where this story takes place, making me wonder just what it is we're not being shown. (aside from strange creatures lurking in the woods)

Hopefully, it won't just be Signs redux, with spindly things lurking in the shadows for 90% of the movie, and a minor letdown when you actually see them on-screen.

Last edited:

myrdden

First Post
[Mr. Burns] Excellent... [/Mr. Burns]

I've really enjoyed his other movies so this one will be checked out in the theatre by me and the missus.

I think mmu1 is right - this will be a fantasy movie done his way.

Cool.

KenM

Banned
Banned
I liked Sixth Sense, even though I figured out the "twist" right off. It was not that hard to figure out. I HATED Signs.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
mmu1 said:
Maybe it's just a question of what they've showed in the previews, but so far they seem to be awfully vague as to when and where this story takes place, making me wonder just what it is we're not being shown. (aside from strange creatures lurking in the woods)

Hopefully, it won't just be Signs re-dux, with spindly things lurking in the shadows for 90% of the movie, and a minor letdown when you actually see them on-screen.

Judging from his other movies, it will probably be set in a modern-day suburb of Philidelphia.

Signs wasn't really about aliens, it was about Mel Gibson's character. Although for the first half of the movie that isn't really apparent.

mmu1

First Post
Heh. Actually, the answer was easy enough to find... Yahoo Movies says rural Pennsylvania, 1897. Well, that's one strike against it, I thought it was going to be more interesting than that. He's starting to get much too formulaic.

Last edited:

Remove ads