M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

orsal

LEW Judge
OOC: I took another look at the Expeditious Retreat spell to see about casting it on Somac, and realized its range is listed as Personal, meaning it can only affect the caster. Oops. I won't do it again!

"Somac, do you need my horse to get away? I can enchant my legs if you do!" He'll wait to see if the fatigued barbarian takes him up on the offer. If he does, he'll cast Expeditious Retreat on himself (standard action) and start running (50' movement) down the path after everyone.

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Barbarian 2

Having clearly seen what is now coming his way, Somac turns with a little yelp. He rushes to Nurlan's horse with a harried "Thank you, Bard! I don't know how much more my battered body can take!"

He then attempts to Fast Mount (Ride skill +7) Nurlan's horse and speed down the path.

OOC: I will be out of town on business and most likely unable to post until Thursday.

Velmont

First Post
"Sorry for the disguise, I forgot about it. Now, it isn't time to talk, we must go." Rinaldo help Ashnar stand up and start to lead the way, leaving the sands of the beach behind him.

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn slows his run a little to look back. Seeing Nurlan helping Somac, he quickly glances at the sahuagin behind to try and gage whether they will catch up or not. If it looks like they will catch up with Somac and Nurlan he will drop back to help them escape.

Manzanita

First Post
The party retreats full tilt. Somac mounts and urges Nurlan's steed into a gallop. Nurlan casts his spell and quickly catches up with all the other runners. Several crossbow bolts fly after the party, but none hit, and the sahaugin dont' seem to pursue past the large boulder marking the beginning of the beach.

The group treks a bit farther, around a bend, and is forced to slow to a walk by fatigue. There is no sign of Irene, Jezibel or the horses.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
...the sahaugin dont' seem to pursue past the large boulder marking the beginning of the beach.

Tor slows to a walk, still trying to catch his breath.

"We should keep moving. They may just be regrouping to pursue in force, or worse yet getting some mounts."

Looking at the more senior adventurers, Tor asks in exasperation "Are there any situations in which Irene actually stays alongside her companions? Fight the monsters, wonder where Irene went, fight the monsters, wonder where Irene went. We seem to be in a rut!"

orsal

LEW Judge
Patlin said:
Looking at the more senior adventurers, Tor asks in exasperation "Are there any situations in which Irene actually stays alongside her companions? Fight the monsters, wonder where Irene went, fight the monsters, wonder where Irene went. We seem to be in a rut!"

Nurlan replies, "I worry that Jezibel has her under her control. Sleep magic is a favourite technique of Irene's, and when I saw both the horse and Ashnar asleep on the battlefield, I worried that that was Irene's doing. If Jezibel has powers to enchant, she could easily have persuaded Irene to help her escape and to follow. You know, like I did with Gunyon back at the fort. In that case, Jezibel is far more dangerous than I had realized. But if that's what happened, the effect will wear off, and I fear that by then Irene will once again be Jezibel's prisoner."

Patlin

Explorer
"Is it possible Irene has been under such an influence for some time, and that we were allowed to recover her intentionally?" Tor frowns. "No, I can't see what that would have accomplished. We've definitely got a problem though, if that is your fear. If we are to rescue Irene again, the sooner we act the more likely we are to succeed. However, we're in no shape to mount a rescue at the moment..."

Remove ads