M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Knight Otu

First Post
Ashnar, when hearing about the identical dreams of the priest and the two warriors, looks worried. Charlarn had mentioned the possibility of ghoul fever before, and these dreams did not sound encouraging.

He shakes his head overlooking the avalanche again. "I'm not entirely convinced that the bell is started by a mechanical trap. I haven't prepared detect magic today, maybe someone of you has?", he turns to the other spellcasters.

Spells Prepared:
0 <DC13/*14>- flare* [], light* [], ray of frost* [][]
1st <DC 14/*15>- burning hands* [], mage armor [], ray of enfeeblement
[]

Velmont

First Post
"I think as our wizard companion. I don't think it is mechanical. I would have found something last time, while I searched the remaining of the wagon. If the trap was triggered from up here, it would have been triggered earlier. Maybe it is a magical spell, they can be more easily missed, but when you know what to sarch for, you have a chance to spot them, and luckily, my cousin taught me about those things.

I would more think there is some watcher than can see us, but we can't see from here. The bell was coming from over there if I remember well. I can take a new look for a trap, but I'll suggest to see for somthing over there."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

Knight Otu said:
/snip/
He shakes his head overlooking the avalanche again. "I'm not entirely convinced that the bell is started by a mechanical trap. I haven't prepared detect magic today, maybe someone of you has?", he turns to the other spellcasters.
Charlarn pipes up, "I do. Phyrah teaches us to be well-prepared. Where do you and Rinaldo think the trap is?"

Patlin

Explorer
While unskilled in the arts of stealth, Tor will do his best to move quietly and stay low. Perhaps the others are right, but Tor thinks the most likely source of an alarm is a sentry.

"If the area is being watched, we'll almost certainly be walking into an ambush. If not from ghouls, then from goblins. Be ready."

Taking his own suggestion to heart, Tor looks about for likely hiding places. Does he see any ghouls or goblins in the shrubbery, or perhaps the glint of light reflecting off a spyglass in the distance?

Manzanita

First Post
Tor gazes around the landslide area. Looking up and down, there is a wall of bushes and trees on either side of the avalanch, going both up and down the hill. It would not be difficult for a stealthy, or a dug-in sentry on the other side to easily observe the point where the path intersects the rockslide, with little chance of being spotted in return.

He sees no sign of any such observence, howerver.

Knight Otu

First Post
Steve Jung said:
Charlarn pipes up, "I do. Phyrah teaches us to be well-prepared. Where do you and Rinaldo think the trap is?"
"As far as I remember, the alarm first went of when you and Nurlan checked the remains of the wagon. It is about past the middle of the rockslide. When you first went this way, when did it go off? About in the middle as well, or earlier? From our experience yesterday, I would say it should be in the center of the rockslide, if it is a spell."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Somac: Male Human Bbn1

Smiling, Somac says, "Thank you again, Charlarn, for the healing spell. It's very generous of you, considering that you were one of the paralyzed ones yesterday."

"I don't know what everyone else thinks, but if we have to fight on the rockslide again, perhaps we should just go ahead and cross over when we're done."

OOC: Manzanita, how much healing the the spell do me?

Erekose13

Explorer
"If I remember correctly the alarm sounded as we approached the landslide, as we never tried to cross it last time. Instead we went up the hill trying to skirt around the top. Wait, no it sounded up there because we ran when we saw the ghouls coming, in no shape to fight them off ourselves." Tenebrynn offers.

Remove ads