M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Velmont

First Post
When Nurlan suggest to scout, Rinaldo nod, agrreing with his idea. "Better to know what we meet before rushing heqd down in it... But be carefull." After that, Rinaldo has stayed alert to all sign he could see and hear fro, their spot.

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan returns to consult with his friends.

"That building is well occupied and well fortified, even though there seem to be a couple spots where it could use some repairs. I couldn't see what kind of creatures are in there, but there's someone on the parapets, and the tower has arrow slits. It'll be tough to attack. Do you want to?"

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

"Nurlan, did you see if the river is shallow enough to ford in the SW corner? If that tower is collapsed, we might be able to sneak in. I will go with whatever the group decides, but I still say we wait until daylight."

Erekose13

Explorer
"I don't like the idea of camping out here and think we should attack tonight. If we can take any sentries near the opening quickly and quietly then it shouldnt be too hard to get inside without setting off too much of an alarm." Tenebrynn says, a little too eager to get back at Jezibel too.

orsal

LEW Judge
Steve Jung said:
"Nurlan, did you see if the river is shallow enough to ford in the SW corner? If that tower is collapsed, we might be able to sneak in. I will go with whatever the group decides, but I still say we wait until daylight."

"I couldn't really tell, but I doubt it's that deep. That corner" (Nurlan points to the southeast corner) "may be more promising, because the collapsed stone could be useful as stepping stones."

Knight Otu

First Post
All too eager. It would be an asset if I were in a position to direct them, but in this situation it is a liabity.

Ashnar looks at his companions, evaluating them, as he says
"As I said, if you decide to attack, I'm along. They have built a barricade, obviously fearing that they may be attacked, but that doesn't tell us by whom. If the places in disrepair are less guarded, we could sneak in there, as Charlarn said."

When we get into a quieter mood and place, I will have to propose the vote for a leader. Charlarn should do nicely for that position.
And it is important that I do something to calm Irene. She has a reason to be eager to enter combat. She likely hopes to confront Jezibel, who almost killed her. It would be catastrophic to direct some portion of her hatred onto me.

Patlin

Explorer
Knight Otu (Ashnar) said:
"As I said, if you decide to attack, I'm along. They have built a barricade, obviously fearing that they may be attacked, but that doesn't tell us by whom. If the places in disrepair are less guarded, we could sneak in there, as Charlarn said."

Tor grumbles something about preferring to lead the goblins into a trap rather than the other way around, especially as it would establish their hostility beyond doubt. However, he nods as Ashnar speaks, agreeing with him.

Manzanita

First Post
group decisions tend to be difficult in PbP. Let me try to help you along. I was going to simply go with majority vote, but it's actually a tie at this point. Three for immediate attack: Irene, Tenebryn and Somac, and three for waiting until next morning: Tor, Charlyn, and Ashnar.

This leaves Nurlan and Rinaldo w/the deciding vote. I realize this isn't necessarily a democracy, but to keep it moving, I'll go with whatever they suggest. (& since Velmont may not have good access, Nurlan's opinion is probably enough)

Feel free to continue posting regarding plans for an attack, electing a leader, or whatever.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
group decisions tend to be difficult in PbP. Let me try to help you along. I was going to simply go with majority vote, but it's actually a tie at this point. Three for immediate attack: Irene, Tenebryn and Somac, and three for waiting until next morning: Tor, Charlyn, and Ashnar.

This leaves Nurlan and Rinaldo w/the deciding vote. I realize this isn't necessarily a democracy, but to keep it moving, I'll go with whatever they suggest. (& since Velmont may not have good access, Nurlan's opinion is probably enough)

And Nurlan was basically going with the flow on this point. Oh well, if he's called on to cast a vote...

"Then let's go now. We can creep around to the corner that's crumbling, and try to cross over."

Manzanita

First Post
The approach

The group readies their weapons, and heads out towards the crumbled SW corner of the moathouse. The party tries to use what cover it can find, but considering the party size and compostion, and the limited cover available, they must largely hope that no one looks their way.

At first this seems to be the case. The leader is able to get to within 10 feet of the moat before a shrill whistle is heard from the ramparts above. The party is now in the shadow of the moathouse, and the head and shoulders of a humanoid can be seen over the battlement above them. From your current position, you cannot tell how deep the water is. It flows slowly and is dark. At its shortest points, the rubble from the corner's collapse is only about 5 feet from the outside shore of the moat. A good jump would get someone over.

Initiative:
Somac, Irene, Ashnar, Tenebryn, Nurlan,
Moathouse Defenders (who will shoot an arrow)
Charlyn, Tor, Rinaldo

I took the liberty of positioning the party. You may also want to review the climb and jump skill. The jump would be easy for many if they have the 20 foot straight run to start (each square is 5 feet). Climbing up the rubble takes both hands, and doesn't look too difficult if people weren't attacking you. (about DC 10)

Attachments

• moathouse attack.JPG
    moathouse attack.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:

Remove ads