• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M2: The Search for Goblin HQ

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn lays into the nearest zombie with both ends of his staff. "Stay together, dont get surrounded and cut off from the group." he offers to the rest.

[ooc:if necessary take a 5ft step to make a full attack action, trying to stay together with everyone else though.]

Knight Otu

First Post
"Whoa!"

Ashnar takes a 5-ft step back away from the zombies, next to Tor, and fires one of his disrupt undead at the nearest one (+0 ranged touch; 1d6).

I wonder how they cause this noise - I did not think zombies could cause that much noise. It may be good to know how to duplicate it.

(Knowledge Arcane +7; Knowledge Religion +4)

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

Charlarn raises his holy symbol with his right hand. "Be... Begone, foul creatures. May the Searcher guide your souls toward their final destination."

OOC: Sorry I haven't been on recently. I just moved and was without Internet access longer than I planned.

Manzanita

First Post
Round 1

Charlyn, not unprepared, raises his holy symbol and tries to turn the foul creatures. Sadly, none seem affected. Nurlan has no better luck. He strikes a lumbering zombie with his mace, but the creature seems unaffected.

As the creatures close in, Tor's chain jerks into motion. It flicks out towards three different attackers. Only one is hit, and shards of gushy flesh splatter against the curtains.

The combat then becomes quite chaotic, as zombies close from all directions. Ashnar is caught by a claw (3 pts), as is Tor (6 pts). Charlyn is set upon by three of the beasts, and is severly pummeled (7 pts). Somac and Nurlan are also attacked, but manage to evade the clumsy creatures.

No one can hear the elf's words over the unearthly screaming, but Tenebryn takes a step to stand next to Nurlan and delivers to solid whacks to a zombie. Tenebryn believes he has damaged the creature, but it doesn't even seem to have bones to break.

Rinaldo, Tor, Somac can still act in round 1

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 2

Charlarn screams in pain. He again wonders if his faith is strong enough. Seeing no other choice, he raises his holy symbol again. "In the name of the Searcher, leave us be."

Manzanita

First Post
Round 1 (con't)

OOC: forgot to mention Ashnar's action...

Ashnar steps back and points his finger at an advancing zombie. An arcane sphere rockets from his finger and strikes the zombie dead on, causing it to shudder as chunks of flesh drop to the floor (6 pts dmg)

Rinaldo stabs out with his rapier, piercing a zombie nicely, though such attacks seem to have little effect on the undead (1 pt dmg)

In the cramped battle area, Somac actually has to take a step back, to the base of the stairs, to bring his glaive to bear. This weapons does seem effective. Weilded by barbarian strength, the fine weapon slices off one arm, along with much of a shoulder (11 pts).

(I'll assume Tor lays into one so I can get onto round 2 & make up some time...)Tor's chain continues its almost constant motion, ripping another hole in the zombie attacking him. The chain many sharp points seem less effective than the large blade of the glaive (4 pts)

Manzanita

First Post
Round 2

Charlyn, his shield raised against the massing undead, keeps his symbol high and tries desperately to turn the creatures. This time, his god seems to be with him, as five zombies cease their screaming, and throw up their hands. Then retreat to behind the curtain. (these five were fighting Tor, Rinaldo and Charlyn.) Nurlan, meanwhile, oblivious to his friend's success, again strikes his opponent with his small mace, and again does negligible damage.

*Ashnar acts*

Five zombies still fight. One in melee with Ashnar, but wounded by Tor's chain. One advances on Rinaldo, replacing the one he had wounded. One, missing an arm and shoulder, advances on Somac. Another attacks Nurlan. The last, bearing imprints of Tenebryn's staff, attacks the elf. Somac and Rinaldo take minor wounds (4 and 2 respectively).

Ashnar, Rinaldo, Tor, Somac and Tenebryn can still act in Round 2. Ashnar's opponent's action is pending based on Ashnar's

Attachments

• dungeon.JPG
    dungeon.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo stay on place, seeing that he do a wall between there cleric and the figthing zombies. He saw that the zombie on Somac is badly injured, and knowing that his rapier have small effect, he decide to try on that one, hoping to drop him.

Remove ads