• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M3: Nurlan & Mordik (Patlin judging)

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan replies, "Good idea. Let's get a better feel for this town, since it now looks like we'll be here a little while. Farewell, my colleagues, we shall be back in a couple hours."

Manzanita

First Post
Nurlan and Mordik stroll around the town. The economy seems mostly to be made of fishing and farming. There is a large temple to Delanor (building #3) near the sea. There is also a statue of Delanor at the docks, where various fishing and merchant vestles sit. South of town, the road gets much less used. Swamps and forests lie a few miles south, and few venture into those dangerous lands.

Off the coast, a small island is clearly visible, with the tall wizard's tower jutting upwards on it. This is Philip's private island. The castle is also visible on the other side of town, on a small hill.

Looking for anything in particular?

orsal

LEW Judge
While strolling, Nurlan remarks (quietly) to Mordik, "Did you notice the lute with golden strings in the theatre? I've got to ask about that."

Manzanita said:
Looking for anything in particular?

Right now, trying to air ideas.

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik looks around to make sure no one is trying to listen to them. (ooc:I believe the DM would prefer to roll spot/search on this and tell me if I see anyone or not)

If no one is apparently trying to listen in:

Err...No, I didnt.. Wasnt that one o' them clues we found? Mighty suspicious, that is.

Mordik's voice almost cracks, although he is trying to sound brave:

Myself, I was still kinda shaken from that dog - mean beasties aint they?

orsal

LEW Judge
NakuruSai said:
Mordik's voice almost cracks, although he is trying to sound brave:

Myself, I was still kinda shaken from that dog - mean beasties aint they?

"There's a saying, their bark is worse than their bite. Intimidating, for sure, but if you don't attack or threaten them they're not likely to do anything to you."

After a little more strolling, Nurlan says, "Maybe if we go back a little early, I can make small talk before we have to get down to business. I can subtly inquire about that lute."

Manzanita

First Post
The duo stands on the southern edge of the city, gazing towards the distant woods. They decide to return to the theater. Mordik lingers, though, as they decide to leave. He sees a rider approaching. Alone, he rides north towards the town, evidently having emerged from the woods. It would probably be another half hour or more for him to reach the town.

For what its worth, this adventure depends upon your initiative. No one is going to attack you. At least not until/unless you are percieved as a threat. Take some chances. Feel free to ask me to advance time to the evening or night or whatever.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
The duo stands on the southern edge of the city, gazing towards the distant woods. They decide to return to the theater. Mordik lingers, though, as they decide to leave. He sees a rider approaching. Alone, he rides north towards the town, evidently having emerged from the woods. It would probably be another half hour or more for him to reach the town.

Nurlan starts to turn back, then notices Mordik hesitating, as if fixed on something in the distance. "What's on your mind, my friend?"

Manzanita said:
For what its worth, this adventure depends upon your initiative. No one is going to attack you. At least not until/unless you are percieved as a threat. Take some chances. Feel free to ask me to advance time to the evening or night or whatever.

Assuming Mordik doesn't want to wait to get a better view of the sight Nurlan doesn't know about... I'd be OK skipping until we get back to the theater. Then I want to roleplay a little conversation about the instruments, probably taking place before we get down to the business of this evening's performance.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Nurlan, upon noticing Mordik's gaze, sees the rider himself.

"Ah... you seem focused on that rider in the distance. Do you suppose there is anything significant about him? I can see nothing unusual."

Nurlan doesn't see any reason to change plans in response to this new sight. Does Mordik?

Remove ads