• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M3: Nurlan & Mordik (Patlin judging)

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik looks confused as he asks
[smallcaps]Whatcha' mean 'crab huntin''? Aint crabs them tiny spider-things with the claws? not much huntin' in that is there? or iss'er somethin' else that shares tha' name?
[/smallcaps]

Manzanita

First Post
Wilbur grunts at Nurlan's comment. He seems anxious. Balmorrow has assigned him the preponderance of cleanup duties. The others are now drifting off to drink and chat.

"Oh, some of the crabs around here are quite large. Large and dangerous. And tasty, I might add."

Manzanita

First Post
NakuruSai said:
Mordik thinks a moment...seems to beam and asks:
[smallcaps] There any money in that? [/smallcaps]

"Oh, you can get a gold piece or so per crab." says Wilbur. "But its dangerous work. Much better to work here at the theatre."

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Wilbur grunts at Nurlan's comment. He seems anxious.

Nurlan decides not to press the point. He has gotten all he will get out of Wilbur, he feels. "Well, I'll talk to you some more tomorrow."

OOC: I'd be ready to cut to the Inn now.
OOC:

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik takes mental note of the crabs, perhaps there will be time later to come back to them. He thanks Wilbur, and then follows with Nurlan to the inn.

Manzanita

First Post
It's quite late by the time the show is over. You've gotten a bit ahead of the others. I can't put you back in the inn quite yet. I'll let you know when I can. If you want to talk or do anything else in the meanwhile, go ahead.

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan refrains from discussing their business on the way back to the inn, although he can't wait to share his findings with the others. For the time being, he asks Mordik a few questions about the Dwarven language, mostly along the lines of "how do you say..." He mostly asks about words like lute, string, golden, theatre, etc., words that have been on his mind today. By the time they get back to the inn, he will be able to say "the lute with the golden strings is missing one string" in eight different languages.

NakuruSai

First Post
On the way to the inn, Mordik also adds, quietly:
[smallcaps]This is turnin' out to be a bit of a bother, aint it? I can't figure out for the life of me what to think about the clues we 'ave so far. Seems everyone's actin' a bit shifty if ye ask me. [/smallcaps]

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan nods and repeats Wilbur's words: "I know most everyone in this town." Then his own editorial comment: "Makes you wonder."

Remove ads