M3: Nurlan & Mordik (Patlin judging)

NakuruSai

First Post
Mordik shakes his head and then rubs his temples, sighs and adds:
[smallcaps]I think it might be time to "compare notes"... What do you think?[/smallcaps]

orsal

LEW Judge
NakuruSai said:
Mordik shakes his head and then rubs his temples, sighs and adds:
[smallcaps]I think it might be time to "compare notes"... What do you think?[/smallcaps]

"Exactly", replies Nurlan. His earlier confidence having been chilled by the realization that his suspect #1 talks about knowing everyone in town, he says no more while on the street.

Manzanita

First Post
The duo returns to the inn. It is late. Only the servent boy James is still in the common room. He's mopping the floor. "Evening." he says pleasently. As you head towards your room, you see Basmar, the surly 'captain' leaving. He's dressed similarly to before, in black clothes and a black cape, weaping a broadsword. He's also go a shield this time. He doesn't meet Nurlan or Mordik's eyes.

From your earlier observations and listening, you know what rooms your comrades are in. You would pass fairly close by their rooms on the way to yours.

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
The duo returns to the inn. It is late. Only the servent boy James is still in the common room. He's mopping the floor. "Evening." he says pleasently.

From your earlier observations and listening, you know what rooms your comrades are in. You will pass fairly close by their rooms on the way to yours.

Nurlan is disappointed not to see his secret friends downstairs; he very much wants to tell them what he has learned, but fears it would be too suspicious, in a town where everyone knows everyone else and therefore everyone is a potential accomplice, to knock on doors of supposed strangers.

As he and Mordik pass the others' rooms, he says out loud (a little louder than normal for casual conversation), "Shall we practice the rope trick a little before going to sleep?" He also tries, as best as he can without breaking his step, to discern whether there is any noise coming from the rooms where the others are staying.

Manzanita

First Post
Nurlan and Mordik have figured out where the others are (or were) staying. He does notice a light under the door of the room Rinaldo and Eanos share, and can here some conversation.

Did you get my added remark on my last post?

NakuruSai

First Post
"Shall we practice the rope trick a little before going to sleep?" He also tries, as best as he can without breaking his step, to discern whether there is any noise coming from the rooms where the others are staying.
Mordik speaks up loudly while walking by Rinaldo and Eanos' room:
[smallcaps]After we practice that trick, I might see if there's anyway to get a late night snack downstairs.[/smallcaps]
Somewhat lower he adds [smallcaps] ...what 'cha say? wann'a join me?[/smallcaps] and winks, stifling a chuckle.

orsal

LEW Judge
NakuruSai said:
Mordik speaks up loudly while walking by Rinaldo and Eanos' room:
[smallcaps]After we practice that trick, I might see if there's anyway to get a late night snack downstairs.[/smallcaps]
Somewhat lower he adds [smallcaps] ...what 'cha say? wann'a join me?[/smallcaps] and winks, stifling a chuckle.

"Sure", says Nurlan. "I could use a drink. Maybe in about ten minutes or so?"

OOC: Yes, Manzanita, I saw the OOC comment, and that's why I was wondering if there was any indication that some of our friends might still be awake.

Manzanita

First Post
orsal[i said:
OOC: Yes, Manzanita, I saw the OOC comment, and that's why I was wondering if there was any indication that some of our friends might still be awake.[/i]

I meant the part about Basmar leaving the inn. As for the rest, hold off to see if any of your friends heard you...

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
I meant the part about Basmar leaving the inn. As for the rest, hold off to see if any of your friends heard you...

I took the chatter to be indication that someone is awake. Whether anyone heard us is another question altogether.

Remove ads