• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Manzanita

First Post
Round 9 (con't)
Rinaldo moves in behind Nurlan's opponent and deftly slides his rapier into the already-wounded gnoll. It crumples to the ground.

Nurlan may repost his round 9 action since his opponent fell before his initiative. Also post a round 10 action of course.

Tenebrynn misses his gnoll's knees with both ends of his staff. (You do need improved trip!)

Eanos shifts and lays into his attacker, landing one solid blow. Raseriet hits Tenebryn's foe hard, though not hard enough to take it down.

The gnolls recipricate. One chooses to continue attacking the elf, but continues to miss. Eanos' foe has more luck, landing a direct hit with its great axe, shearing flesh and sinew, and leaving the monk a bloody heap on the ground. (15 pts dmg, taking Eanos to -9. Picked a bad time to correct my HP count!)

Round 10
KaziKazi steps back towards his throne and focuses on reloading his crossbow.

jkason

First Post
OOC: Too bad falling on a potion doesn't activate it, since Eanos has one in his Haversack. I suppose I can always hope for that 10% auto-stabalization chance. :/

Manzanita

First Post
There's also the four potions found on the skelleton in the goo pit. It was never stated who was carrying them. Anyone who wants can be carrying them.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo sees Eanos falling. "No!" he looks at Nurlan, "Drop that gnoll, I'll take care of Eanos." Rinaldo moves next to the left of the gnoll. In his movement, he takes his potion of cure light wounds and once next to Eanos, he will pour the potion in his mouth.

[SBLOCK=OOC]I am not sure if it can apply, but I will use Combat Expertise this rounds to raise my AC by 3, reducing any attack of opportunity I can have... the I'll have to think to drink one myself.[/SBLOCK]

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
Nurlan may repost his round 9 action since his opponent fell before his initiative. Also post a round 10 action of course.

Nurlan fires arrows at the nearest upright gnoll (g4, I guess). [Invisiblecastle is too slow to load right now -- could you roll them for me, if I don't get back to the boards first? Nurlan's bow attacks are +5, not counting the penalty for firing into melee.]

Manzanita

First Post
in round 9, Nurlan shoots an arrow at the gnoll attacking Tenebrynn, but misses.

Round 10 (con't)
Rinaldo sees Eanos fall. He runs towards him, pulling out his potion of CLW. Reaching his fallen companion, he pours the liquid down his throat just as Eanos' last breath is escapting. Fortunately the potion allows Eanos to continue breathing, though he is still unconscious. (In this case, I allowed Rinaldo to retrieve an item during his movement, as though it were a weapon or sheild. The potion cured 3 hps, bringing Eanos to a stable -6).

Tenebrynn and Rasereit make short work of the last two gnolls, cutting them down with staff and axe.

Ogrin makes his way back into the room and absorbs the situation by Ashnar's still body.

Nurlan can still post an action for round 10, AND round 11!

Round 11
The large hobgoblin & gnoll flanking Kazikazi finally begin to move. The march slowly forward, evil glints in their eyes, and their weapons held at ready. From behind the Hobgoblin, Kazikazi finally speaks. His voice is deep & loud, but sounds no different from that of a man's. In fact...Knowledge(local) or Bardic knowledge DC 15 [sblock] He seems to have an accent from the south[/sblock]

"Flee for your lives!" he shouts. "Only death awaits you in the halls of Kazikazi!"

Health readout:
Ashnar: dead
Mordik: 5 hps reduced to -3 by subdual dmg
Eanos: -6
Tenebrynn: 3/24
Rinaldo: 19/34
Ogrin 24/27
RAzh 22/36
Nurlan 10/27

Velmont

First Post
There is no escape behind us, it is a dead end. They know it pretty well. So why offering us a chance to run away?

Rinaldo take another potion, but this time for himself. he drink it and his wounds barely close. "Damned, this potion has lost his power over time it seems... I'll have to watch that back to Orussus." He looks at the two coming opponent. "Tenebrynn, the so called Kazikazi seems to be out of spells, they are three, a caster without spell, we are five wounded and three fallen. You think we can have them? You still have a few good spells? After that mind clouding spell and an illusion spell on the rust monster, how much do you think he is bluffing?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Heal 7 hp, back to 26/39

Also, Rinaldo try to see any sign of bluff from teh part of Kazikazi, starting to doubt he really is a gob, more a simple humanoid caster.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

rln

Explorer
Pausing to look at the face of terror on Ashnars face, Ogrin chugs his potion of Invisibility and then moves forward, towards the 'god', intent to make it pay.

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan's bardic knowledge: 24

Round 10: Nurlan starts singing again, resuming his inspiring effect.

Round 11: Still singing, Nurlan fires an arrow at the hobgoblin. (attack roll: 11)

Remove ads