M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Manzanita

First Post
Round 5 (con't)
Rinaldo continues to fence with the rust monster. he manages to graze it with his rapier. This inflicts minor damage on the monster, and causes his weapon to crumble to dust.

Nurlan's spearpoint also crumbled to dust upon impact several rounds ago.

Tenebrynn fires a second round of magic missiles at Kazikazi. Again, they seem to impact on some unseen barrier before reaching the presumtive god.

Mordik acts normally. He moves up to help Rinaldo and stabs at the creature with his rapier. Mordik's strike goes true. His rapier strikes perfectly (crit confirm when including Nurlan's song) penetrating the creature's heart and killing it. Mordik's rapier, however, is destroyed in its moment of glory.

Eanos misses the flanked gnoll. This turns out not to matter much, as Raseriet's axe imbeds in its head, ending its fanatical devotion to its erstwhile god.

Nurlan suggests Kazikazi cease hostilities. His spell has no evident effect.

The more northerly gnolls drop their bows and prepare their greataxes. The other two fire arrows at Nurlan and Razh. Both miss.

Round 6
An ugly monster, about 5 feet tall suddenly appears in the middle of the room. It looks something like the droppy red thing. It can be identified by a knowledge the Planes DC 12: [sblock] it is a lemure[/sblock]

It charges at Eanos, closes, and slashes at the monk with its claw. It scores a minor hit (2 pts)

Kazikaze waves his hand about and chants.
spellcraft DC 16 [sblock]casts sheild[/sblock]

Attachments

• A3.JPG
    A3.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 165

Erekose13

Explorer
Frustrated at not having had any effect and worried for his friends, Tenebrynn decides to head deeper into the fray. He'll move quickly past Razh and Eanos while casting shield himself. Useless at identifying the blob, Tenebrynn does note the spell cast by Kazikazi. Interesting... he thinks to himself still unsure why his missiles have not hit yet.

[sblock=rolls]Planes: 6; Spellcraft 26[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
Velmont said:
"No, you won't have my rapier too." says Rinaldo, drawing his sap and striking at the creature and trying to keep his rapier away.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Hmmm... after what happen to Eanos' Kama, Rinaldo switch to his sap. Except if confusion make people act very mindlessly, Rinaldo is near his profit and would haven't care much to lose his sap to a monster, but his rapier...

By the way, I suppose Mordik is the nearest creature... as I attack the nearest one if the confusion spell still continue to affect me.[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Hoping to clear the field of the newest foe as quickly as possible, Eanos channels his inner focus through his strike at the creature. Remembering that Razh's behavior has been erratic of late, the monk also decides to shift himself north, such that the creature is the closest opponent should the dwarf lash out mindlessly.

[sblock=OOC]Damage with Blow of Steel = 7.

After attacking, Eanos makes a 5' adjust to the square directly north of where he is now.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
Round 6 (con't)
EDIT: Rinaldo was using his sap as stated, and as your DM forgot, so his rapier is still intact.

Rinaldo strikes at Mordik. Ever sly, the merchant deftly feints, drawing the dwarf off his guard. He then hits Mordik on the head with the sap, and knocks him out. Mordik is unconscious.

Would the sneak attack damage be normal or subdual?

Tenebrynn casts sheild upon himself and moves North 30 feet up the center of the room.

Eanos moves around the strange creature, striking out with his kama. He hits, but has no noticible effect on its slimy skin.

Razh babbles incoherently in dwarven.
Nurlan drops his ex-spear (now wooden pole), pulls out his bow and launches an arrow at Kazikazi. His arrow, like Tenebrynn's missiles, seems to deflect off some unseen barrier some 5 to 10 feet in front of the erstwhile god.

Two gnolls target Nurlan with their arrows, but both miss. The ones who've readied their axes charge Tenebrenn and Eanos. Eanos easily dodges his opponent, but Tenebrynn, even with his new sheild spell, takes a brutal hit (10 pts - brining him to 3 hps)

Round 7
Kazikazi casts another spell. Spellcraft DC 18 [sblock]displacement[/sblock]

Attachments

• A3.JPG
    A3.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 170

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo look at mordik who is lifeles son the ground. "No! What have I done? You... you won't do make me things I don't want... You won't have me like you had my friends..." shouts Rinaldo to the spellcaster and start to run away from the room.

[SBLOCK=OOC]Sneak Attack is subdual if damage are subdual. Greta, now there are two of us down... and now I flee the scene[/SBLOCK]

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Seeing the creature seem to shrug off his blow, Eanos shifts his focus, swinging around with a blur of his fists to batter the gnoll who just attacked. Even as he fights, Eanos' spirits fall to see Rinaldo flee, Mordik fall, and Tenebrynn take a massive blow from his own opponent.

[sblock=OOC]BTW, the kama died with the rust monster, so Eanos has been using unarmed attacks all this time. Not sure if that matters. Also, this is the last round for Nurlan's bardic effect, correct?

The first attack definitely hits. If the second does, too, base damage is 7 pts for each attack
crit confirm roll: 16
If the crit hits, that's another 9 points on the first hit. [/sblock]

Remove ads