M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

orsal

LEW Judge
Knight Otu said:
(Uhm, regarding the scroll - is that referring to the empty scroll case Razh found?)
Ashnar rolls his eyes at the fatality of the man.
"We will not die today. Either we can appease Gundar by at least killing the dragon whelps or the dragon's servants, or if we can't appease him, we evacuate through the tunnel. But for that to happen, we have to act now. And to have some chance, we, except Razh, need the light. Let's go, and if the man doesn't want to be saved, drag him along anyway."

Nurlan, in Common, replies to Ashnar, "Speak not of dragging an unwilling associate, for his knowledge would be of no help to us if he chooses not to join us. However, do not give up on persuading him. I have not tried all I can to influence him, and if all else fails I shall sing him the trill that captures the sympathy of men and goblins alike."

Velmont

First Post
"That's ridiculous. We've been here for five minutes, maybe ten. Please, you can wait a few more minutes."

What do they all have? We have not to let the panic dominate us.

Knight Otu

First Post
"I'd rather have him join of his own free will as well. But if he doesn't want to, he should be able to see what we are capable of with a clear mind, rather than clouded by magic that might make him distrust us after it is gone."

Manzanita

First Post
Hogarth Vradlik reaches out his thick hand and finds Rinaldo's. He pulls himself to his feet. "You are not like the other men I have met. You have no food, no drink, no weapons, no light, no boat, yet you have hope. I will follow you. We will meet the blood of Gundar together."

The scroll case is empty. Some dust inside indicates that whatever it once held has crumbled to dust. The case itself is still in good condition. It is made of a hollowed out thigh bone. One end is open, but it is otherwise solid.

The small rocks are about the size of sling bullets. Not much use in melee combat.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Goblin]"I have my mind, my skills and, most of all, my friends, it worth more than any items. And I have a family awaiting me, that's a reason enough to find a way home, more than any god, may Gundar take no offence in that."[/SBLOCK] If it wasn't of the darkness, Hogarth could have seen a tear rolling down on Rinaldo's face.

"Now, let's go. Razh, Eanos, you both lead us. Whispers to talk and guide us by voice. And bring that scroll case and the stones. I don't know what use it has, but for what little ressources we have, but we won't waste it."

[SBLOCK=Goblin]"Listen to noise, and follow my friends. Me, Nurlan and Ogrin can speak the tongue of the goblins, so you can ask any of us questions. If you have information that could help us, don't hesitate to tell it. If you have an idea where lead those tunnels, or what inhabit them, it would be a fine for us to know."[/SBLOCK]

Manzanita

First Post
So the party is proceeding down the tunnel towards the flickering light? I believe so. Razh leads, holding hands with Eanos, then Ogrin behind him. Everyone will hold hands, I'll assume to stay together.

This passage is very narrow, like all the passages leading from the room. It is about 10 feet wide. The light seems to recede soundlessly before the party, flickering faintly. The party advances some 30 feet down the winding passage. Will they continue.

Hogarth says he doesn't know how many dragon eggs there are, but there are more than one.

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
This passage is very narrow, like all the passages leading from the room. It is about 10 feet wide. The light seems to recede soundlessly before the party, flickering faintly. The party advances some 30 feet down the winding passage. Will they continue.

Yes -- at least, if it's up to Nurlan. Which is to say, if we do stop, it isn't at his initiative.

rln

Explorer
In goblin: "Hogarth, does Gundar grant you clerical powers? I know there are clerics that can mend objects as well as wounds. There seems to be the remnants of an old scroll in this scroll tube. Perhaps it may be of use.

Also, do you know what this structure was used for before the dragon came?"

OOC: Ogrin is thinking about the spells mending and make whole.

Ogrin mutters "Finally" to himself as the party decides to move out. He stays just behind the frontline (Razh and Nurlan). As the light recedes, Ogrin whispers to the others, "We need that light, whatever's causing it, but watch for traps! It might want to draw us in, like the lurefish!"

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

rln said:
As the light recedes, Ogrin whispers to the others, "We need that light, whatever's causing it, but watch for traps! It might want to draw us in, like the lurefish!"

"Exactly my worry," Eanos whispers back. "I can think of few reasons for a light to move without another will causing it. Still, we've few other options. I guess we keep moving."

Remove ads