M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo is happy to hear a language he can understand. [SBLOCK=Goblin]"Sadly, we have nothing, except our underwaer. But you speak of your moment of your death? Why do you tell this? What death do you expect? Our faith might be the same as yours, but if there is a chance, we will try to avoid it, and if you want to join your force to ours, it would be usefull. We might be naked, but we are not without ressrouce. You could tell us about you. About this place too. Suderham? And about the dragon and his minion. And do you know what cause these earthquakes?"[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
The man perks up when spoken to in goblin. "Yes." he says in a low, gutteral voice. "I speak the language of the dragon's servents. You have come to join me in the moment of my death. Welcome. Have you any food or drink? What brings you to Suderham?"

The man speaks goblin. Let's assume his words are translated to those who don't understand him directly.

Nurlan will translate all the man's words, and address him on his own behalf or as interpreter for his friends. I'll use DarkOliveGreen for Nurlan speaking goblins and Plum for Nurlan speaking Common.

"We were captured moments ago, lured into an ambush by a treacherous illusionist. You seem more accepting of your fate that we are. How did you come into this unfortunate situation?"

Manzanita

First Post
The man sighs at the barrage of questions. "I am Hogarth Vradlik. I have lived on this Suderham, as did my fathers and father's fathers. Long have my people performed our sacred duty, as keepers of Gundar's ancient temple. When the dragon came, she did not fight us. She respected our people. Gundar does not hate the wyrms. Then the goblins came. Still Gundar showed patience for their presence. But then the dragon laid her eggs. The nesting mother is wary, yes, this I understand. But she went to far. She feared us. She sent her minions. They sacked our ancient temple. No where on earth is there an older temple to the Creator. Gundar is old, but his patience has limits. No. This was too much. This island will be destroyed. We will be buried in the blood of Gundar. His blood will spout out of the earth and cover this land. From the new island, another temple will be built. But it will be built by others. I will not be among them. And neither will you. We will all die this day. Come, sit with me. Let us enjoy our last day among the living."

Velmont

First Post
After Rinaldo have finish to translate into Common, he asks the man. "So if we stay here, we will die either by the blood of Gundar or by the talon of a dragon. Hogarth, if you allow me to call you by your first name, why would sit here and wait? Why don't you try to escape from this island? The wrath of your god is for the wyrm and his minion, not you. I won't sit here and wait, I'll find a way to get out of this prison. If there is a way to get rid of the wyrm and his minion, even better, your island and temple would be saved. In case of failure, our faith will be the same, but at least, we would have tried, tried to come back home. I must try for my wife and my children. Hogarth, now you have allies to support you. You have lived your life on this island, you could help us with your knowledge of this island, and we could help you escape this place, maybe even save it."

jkason

First Post
Eanos, human monk

Eanos shakes his head after trying to hear in the tunnel.

"Either the tunnel is clear, or whatever's down there isn't making enough noise for me to hear it."

Once the party has found a way to communicate with the other prisoner, Eanos stays back during the initial inquiry, but when he sees a moment, he asks one of the two translating "Hogarth seems to have spent a lot of time here. Does he know what's on the other end of the tunnels? Where they might lead?"

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan hears Rinaldo eloquently express exactly his intentions -- to persuade the stranger to join them in attempting to escape, and to combine his knowledge of the area with the skills and cunning of the party members. For the moment, he nods his head silently at the good points Rinaldo makes; if Rinaldo's diplomacy is insufficient, he will see what he can do to help by mundane or arcane means.

Erekose13

Explorer
Tenebrynn joins the conversation in goblin posing Eanos' questions and waiting before adding his own. "Have you been here long? Have you seen any others down here?"

Manzanita

First Post
"I know nothing of this area. I can't see anyway. Perhaps if we were to move about with a light, I might orient myself. I have never been off this island. My whole life has been as a devoted servent of Gundar. But our leader, may he rest in peace, stated that it was not us who would build the next temple. My life is through. This island will be innundated with the blood of Gundar. There is no escape."

orsal

LEW Judge
Manzanita said:
"I know nothing of this area. I can't see anyway. Perhaps if we were to move about with a light, I might orient myself. I have never been off this island. My whole life has been as a devoted servent of Gundar. But our leader, may he rest in peace, stated that it was not us who would build the next temple. My life is through. This island will be innundated with the blood of Gundar. There is no escape."

After translating into Common, Nurlan replies in Goblin:
"Friend, you may not be destined to build the next temple. But you could at least continue to serve your lord faithfully if you could escape from the island. Surely you would do well to join us? I regret that I have no torch; my captors, curses be upon their names, have taken all that I owned. But they have not yet taken my life, or those of my friends, and so we hope to escape before they can."

rln

Explorer
"Eanos, there was light down in the tunnel you said? Should I check it out?"

In goblin, Ogrin asks the man: "Do you know how many eggs there were?"

Last edited:

Remove ads