M4: Under the Volcano [Nimisgod judging] -CONCLUDED

Erekose13

Explorer
"Sounds like a solid plan to me." replies Tenebrynn. He lifts his longsword hilt up in salute to the hobgoblin, but feels awefully naked in just his loincloth.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]I think the hobgoblins we have attacked had cloth, so even if they weren't clean, I suppose we have taken them. Better that than travelling naked.[/SBLOCK]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Razh nods, affirming the plan. "Oi, Ah've got one more question. When we take out Causticus, do we need to keep 'im alive an' take 'im prisoner, or should Ah just cleave 'is 'ead off, nice an' clean, so our employers kin identify it?" He grins wickedly.

Velmont

First Post
"If they are alive, it would be better, but our situation isn't that easy, so if they died, it wouldn't be too much a problem. I think it has been clear enough for teh prince that Causticus is the head behind the plot... but if Frump and the dragon aren't on board, which I wouldn't complain, it would be nice to know what happen with them." Rinaldo quickly explain the plan to Hogart and also answers his question if he has any.

Manzanita

First Post
The group advances towards the Ogre and two hobgoblins. They shift and the ogre and further hobgoblin scowl and clench their weapons. The friendly hobgoblin smiles and lowers his weapon. The ogre shouts in goblin [sblock]You cannot pass! Find a boat at another pier!"[/sblock] He gestures West towards the wild melee on the other piers.

Velmont

First Post
"It's not the boat we care of. We have a message for the Viscount. We have news from the continent. He needs to know before he leaves." Rinaldo look at the crowd. "And I doubt we will have an easy time to have a place on that boat and follow Causticus, so the information will be lost. Let us pass and we will be back here in five minutes. I haven't taken all this trouble to reach the Viscount as soon as possible to have be blocked that near. We won't do any trouble." Rinaldo turns his attention to the hobgoblin. "We won't do any trouble, right?"

[SBLOCK=OOC]Great time for poor roll... roll a big 1 for a total of 12 on my bluff roll :mad: [/SBLOCK]

orsal

LEW Judge
I wish I could do the same with the ogre, Nurlan thinks, knowing that that particular arcane effect would be insufficidient to sway the giant. But he realizes that, if he can secure the hobgoblins' friendship, he may at least be able to distract the larger creature.

First, he addresses all three in goblin. Good sirs, we have an urgent message for Viscount Causticus. Please let us pass. We mean no harm." If that is not enough, he turns to the friendly hobgoblin and says, "Kindly hobgoblin, can you persuade your large colleague not to hinder us? The Viscount will be very upset if he does not hear from us in time."

[sblock=the plan for the next step]Assuming we haven't been granted access already, next round Nurlan will repeat the charm person trick on the other hobgoblin. If it works, he will whisper to his friends, "If I can distract the ogre, sneak past him without do anything to distract him." He will then turn to the ogre the following round and begin singing a mesmerizing song, Tara-lolly-umano, using a bardic music fascinate effect.[/sblock]

Manzanita

First Post
The ogre appears confused at Rinaldo's words. "No one may pass. But you've got an important message? OK." The ogre steps aside. (you're lucky a '1' isn't an automatic failure!)

The uncharmed hobgoblin snaps "Who are you? I don't know you. Wait. Are you the humans we captured this morning?"

"It's OK." says the charmed hobgoblin. "They don't mean any harm."

The party could now rush through, but unfortunately, the ogre has stepped aside in front of the charmed hobgoblin, which means any rush would open the party to an attack by the hostile hobgoblin, who has his long sword drawn and ready.

orsal

LEW Judge
Nurlan realizes he may be able to dispense with phase three of the plan (as outlined in the sblock above), but not phase two. He therefore turns to the unfriendly hobgoblin and, with a similar incantation to the one he just used on the other, attempts to charm person.

Velmont

First Post
Rinaldo make a sign to the others to continue. "What are you talking about? You've capture humans today? It must be the mercenary of the prince. But they weren't alone on the Viscount track. If we don't speak with him, he might fall on the others, and looking as things are going" Rinaldo show the mess around and the volcano in activity "I doubt he want another thorn in his foot presently. Or you want to take that responsibility in front the Viscount."

[SBLOCK=OOC]Rinaldo try to wipe out the hobgoblin doubt and try to move his attention on the treatment Causticus could give him if he learn he had been the cause of some very important information gone missing.

It is a mixt of bluff and intimidate, so I am not sure which one it should be. I rolled an intimidate roll. If it should be a bluff, the roll would have been 19.

Intimidate roll: 12[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads