Mad God's Key - Chapter One

helium3

First Post
Question For The Guards :

Urkulyr makes a side long glance at the two would-be thieves and then sidles up to the guards. "Sirs. Urkulyr Ashgrod. We might be needing to talk to these two gentlemen later on. Where might we be able to find them if we need to talk to them?

After the Guards Leave:

Urkulyr reslings his greataxe and treads over to the merchant, who he simply towers above. He clears his throat and speaks, "Sir merchant. Why would this Brokentooth want to steal your family's key and not any of the rest of your valuables. Is there something odd about this heirloom we should be advised on?"

Tinner

First Post
helium3 said:
Urkulyr makes a side long glance at the two would-be thieves and then sidles up to the guards. "Sirs. Urkulyr Ashgrod. We might be needing to talk to these two gentlemen later on. Where might we be able to find them if we need to talk to them?

On his way out, the militia captain answered Urkulyr's question.
"They'll be in the brig friend. Either that or put to hard labor somewhere in the city. If you need them, just stop in at any watch house and ask for Captain Vimes. Someone will know where to find me, and I'll know where to find these wretches."

Urkulyr reslings his greataxe and treads over to the merchant, who he simply towers above. He clears his throat and speaks, "Sir merchant. Why would this Brokentooth want to steal your family's key and not any of the rest of your valuables. Is there something odd about this heirloom we should be advised on?"

Theldrat looks uncomfortable with Urkulyr's question. He stammers for a moment, then finally speaks.
"Yes ... there is something remarkable about the key. It has certain ... mystical properties. It is vital to my business! You wouldn't know it was a magic key just by looking at it. It's a fairly plain key, made of copper, and has a double zig-zag on one end."

He pauses for breath before continuing. " It IS an heirloom from my father, and it DOES hold great sentimental value for me. But the real reason I need that key back is because it will open any lock. Please don't tell anyone! My reputation as a locksmith would be ruined if people knew I used a magical key! Which is why I don't want some petty thief to have it! This Irontusk could be robbing the city blind even as we speak! Please you must get back my key! Will you do this for me?"

Attachments

• Key.jpg
    Key.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Lobo Lurker

First Post
"Calm yourself human! If you were my nephew I'd slap you... or kiss you." she slaps her knees as she struggles to contain her laughter. "Don't you worry about a thing, we'll be getting your key back."

She winks at him. "And we won't go spreading rumores about your reputation being built on a lie, will we boys." She pointedly winks and everyone and one passerby.

Dragoon

First Post
"Mmmm, thar story be soundin interesting, a key who can open any lock, sounds like we sould be getting that key." States Kel as he looks over the merchant.

After thinking a few moments,
"Well I be signin up for your task then Gov, when do we shove off?"

helium3

First Post
"Hrrrrmmmm." Urkulyr rumbles thoughtfully. "I be into the hunting down this Bokentooth and your key as well. Sounds like an adventure, and adventure is what I be lookin' for. One question though, shopkeep. Who else knew you had this here special key? How did this fellow come to learn you had it?"

helium3

First Post
"I think this Brokentooth character be the fellow we should talk to. Last seen at some place called the Barge End, if I reckon correctly." Urkulyr muses. He turns to Meldrop, "Sir. Maybe you might know where this Barge End be?"

Tinner

First Post
"I never told anyone about the key's magic properties. Now, my father may have told people before he died, I have no way of knowing. He's been gone twelve winters now." Theldrat pauses in thought.
"I have to agree with the big fella here." he points, indicating Urkulyr. "This Irontusk those robbers mentioned is the only lead I can think of. They said he's in Barge End? That's the name of a shanty town just north of the city. It's right along the Selintan River. Just a lot of shacks, and docks. Lot of river traders tie up there for the duration of trade season. Bit of a rough and tumble place. It would be the perfect hideout for a sneak thief like this Irontusk. Please, go and find him. Bring back my key and I will prove my gratitude with gold!"

OOC: Quick break here while we switch scenes. YOu've all been given some gold, and have a walk across town during trade season ahead of you. This is a perfect chance for some light shopping. No need to roleplay it. Just make a post as to if you're shopping or not, and what you purchase. Standard PHB prices. No magic.
Once everyone has posted as to their shopping preferences, we'll move directly to Barge End and Chapter Two.

Remove ads