D&D 5E Made it Happen. 5E Warlord.

Eubani

Legend
Ideas for more exploits:

Front Line Leader
Gain +1HP per Warlord level

Improved Encampment
If the Warlord is both present and conscious when the camp is being set up and watches set all characters gain advantage on Passive Perception and Wisdom (Perception) checks till the party breaks camp. Any perception checks to find the camp are made with disadvantage.

Defensible Position
The Warlord and any ally with the area of his aura increase the AC bonus granted by cover by +1 and ignore any effect that ignores cover bonuses. If the Warlord and allies spend 10 minutes fortifying the cover is increased by one level.

Warlord's Banner
Prerequisite: 5th Level
The Warlord (or his group) has a banner that when openly borne aloft increases his aura by +10ft (as well as being easier to see for effects that require Warlord to be seen). An Intelligence (History) may provide information about the Warlord and/or his group, the DC set by DM dependent upon fame.

Eubani

Legend
Here is an idea for an exploit for a ranged Warlord:

Barrage
Any allies that hold their action and use a ranged attack on the same enemy that the Warlord uses a ranged attack against gain advantage and ignore cover.

Zardnaar

Legend
I notice the Path of Bravery isn't particularly brave until 9th level. I think they should at least get advantage to fear saves until then.

True I could do that or rename the class. Its basically the beat face version of the Warlord. Looking at Martial power their doesn't seem to be a lot to actually make it that different from the inspiring one.

Zardnaar

Legend
Ideas for more exploits:

Front Line Leader
Gain +1HP per Warlord level

Improved Encampment
If the Warlord is both present and conscious when the camp is being set up and watches set all characters gain advantage on Passive Perception and Wisdom (Perception) checks till the party breaks camp. Any perception checks to find the camp are made with disadvantage.

Defensible Position
The Warlord and any ally with the area of his aura increase the AC bonus granted by cover by +1 and ignore any effect that ignores cover bonuses. If the Warlord and allies spend 10 minutes fortifying the cover is increased by one level.

Warlord's Banner
Prerequisite: 5th Level
The Warlord (or his group) has a banner that when openly borne aloft increases his aura by +10ft (as well as being easier to see for effects that require Warlord to be seen). An Intelligence (History) may provide information about the Warlord and/or his group, the DC set by DM dependent upon fame.

Front line leader could be like the inspiring leader feat and grant temp HP?

Eubani

Legend
Front line leader could be like the inspiring leader feat and grant temp HP?

The idea of that was to make the Warlord more survivable on the frontline. Instead of granting a HD change thus affecting healing during short rests I went with +1HP per level like Dragon sorcerer. A noticeable but not over the top survival bonus enabling them to stay in the thick of things for an extra round or two.

Zardnaar

Legend
The idea of that was to make the Warlord more survivable on the frontline. Instead of granting a HD change thus affecting healing during short rests I went with +1HP per level like Dragon sorcerer. A noticeable but not over the top survival bonus enabling them to stay in the thick of things for an extra round or two.

The other support classes like Clerics do not get that though. d8s not that bad in 5E.

Remove ads