• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Maelstrom or Stormwrack?

Zander

Explorer
What's the title of the forthcoming WotC book on watery settings? I thought it was Maelstrom and the cover mock-up suggests it is, but Amazon has it down as Stormwrack. Which is it?

Psychic Warrior

First Post
Oh god we're not starting this again are we?

Also Storm-wrack is actually an old nautical term for a storm tossed ship. Maelstrom is a big storm. Stormwrack is better :]

TheAuldGrump

First Post
Psychic Warrior said:
Oh god we're not starting this again are we?

Also Storm-wrack is actually an old nautical term for a storm tossed ship. Maelstrom is a big storm. Stormwrack is better :]

Err, no - Stormwrack is an old term for wreckage upon the beach after a storm. Wrack shares a root with wreck. (Wrack and Ruin being about the closest to current usage.) Just a nitpick, but...

I think Maelstrom sounds cooler too, but it has been used for other products, so I can understand them wishing to avoid confusion. I do wonder why they did not use the name Seawrack, which is a tad less specific than Stormwrack.

The Auld Grump

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads