• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mage Knight 3D Dungeons - Cool

AnthonyRoberson

First Post
I must admit. I'm hooked by the new Mage Knight 3D Dungeons. The pieces fit together well, they are attractive and you get enough for $30 to assemble a complete small dungeon. I have no intention of playing Mage Knight, but do plan to use it for my 3.5 D&D game!

As an addendum, individual floor 'squares' are 2" in size and so I'm going to count each one as 10'. This means doors are a little wide, but no biggie.

Wraithdrit

First Post
I had posted about this earlier in the week. My group plans on buying two sets (myself and one other player are getting them) to start with.

I REALLY hope that they plan on expanding the tile options and add ons to this, as it would really be cool to get other things.

Till then I may try my hand at some sculpey dungeon crafting... Things like Diagonal Walls, or other miscellaneous things.

I can't wait. :D

Gizzard

First Post
Is the 2" scale a bit too large to use with D&D miniatures ?

Well, each 2"x2" tile inherently contains four 1"x1" squares, right? So its not explicitly drawn out, but it should be pretty clear what is going on.

My worry is actually the opposite; that if I set up a 10' wide corridor with the walls in place, that the walls will take up just enough room that I cant fit two minis side-by-side.

Felon

First Post
Wow, this sound pretty damned cool. Thanks for passing this along!

I suspect I'll just use a tape measure to get around the 2" square deal.

Glyfair

Explorer
Wraithdrit said:
I REALLY hope that they plan on expanding the tile options and add ons to this, as it would really be cool to get other things.

Till then I may try my hand at some sculpey dungeon crafting... Things like Diagonal Walls, or other miscellaneous things.

WizKids has said if they do well they will certainly expand on them. I wouldn't expect tiles that aren't designed for Mage Knight Dungeon's play, though (things like irregularly shaped tiles, rounded tiles, etc.)

My brother & I have had a relatively large set for several months (we are both WizKids Envoys) and have gotten a lot of use out them. We haven't used them for D&D yet (mostly because our games haven't been near a Dungeon recently).

Anavel Gato

First Post
I picked up a pack also, they are nice. I still like Dwarven Forge, better, but the price on the Mage Knight tiles is alot better.
One of the other players in my group has seen them and he liked them. I like that they also made wooden and iron doors.
These tiles are not a bad idea if you are thinking of going with 3D dungeons and what not.

Wraithdrit

First Post
I picked up two packs yesterday.

With one pack, I was able to map out an irregular 30x40 room, with a hallway, and plenty of floor left over. Irregular shape ate up the walls, so in game I would have dug into the second pack for more walls.

I think if they sold a wall pack I would definately buy it!

Other things that I would be interested in... stairs, secret door tiles (I know, for now I'll just use walls and swap with a door, but it would be neat to swap with a 'secret' door looking thing...), pit tiles (they already have some traps, but they are pretty out there...), etc.

- Wraith

Remove ads