• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mage: The Awakening PbP - Nemesis

Aenion

First Post
Shayuri said:
Thessaly returns the wave, and gives Morrigan a bemused look.

"I never thought being a magician would be so much...work," she confesses with a little laugh. "All these orders and paths and rules and things...maybe I should close the shop for a couple of days and just get everything in order."

She sighs. "Anyway...lets go meet the others. I could really USE a coffee about now."

Thess gathers up the store keys and closed sign, preparing to leave.

"Being one of the Awakened brings a lot of responsibilities, but once we get these formalities out of the way, we should be able to spend most of our time pursuing our own goals and studies," Morrigan states, "I didn't have too much choice when deciding on my path honestly, the Arrow sort of picked me... and I never regretted it," she smiles her slight smile, Odd, he wasn't here to recruit her? I guess my guess was right then.

She just nods and follows Thess outside, lighting a smoke as soon as she steps out the door.

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
"Being one of the Awakened brings a lot of responsibilities, but once we get these formalities out of the way, we should be able to spend most of our time pursuing our own goals and studies," Morrigan states, "I didn't have too much choice when deciding on my path honestly, the Arrow sort of picked me... and I never regretted it," she smiles her slight smile, Odd, he wasn't here to recruit her? I guess my guess was right then.

She just nods and follows Thess outside, lighting a smoke as soon as she steps out the door.
Cymbeline is about to answer Daniel when Crash leaves tipping his cap to Daniel, who is quickly followed by Thessaly and Morrigan. Cymbeline just shrugs to Daniel with a smile, but does not say anything.

The coffee shop, All that Java, had the smell of fresh ground beans, steam, and coffee in the air. Mixed with the sweet smell of pastries, freshly made on the premises. The clientele at this time of year were students, it was a popular wi-fi spot; accentuated even further as Cymbeline pulls out her slim laptop, checking her ubiquitous Myspace page.

But the young mages have a feeling of energy in the air, as if something is lingering just out of sight hungering and waiting. Or maybe that is just their paranoia, or maybe it something else. But whatever it is, it does not feel natural.

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly hesitates as she sips at her cup and looks around. Nothing unusual immediately jumps out at her from the denizens of the coffee shop. It should have been comfortable, warm and safe.

But it wasn't.

She tries to catch Morrigan's and Daniel's eyes, to see if they feel it too, or if it's just a case of nerves.

Aenion

First Post
Morrigan returns Thess' look with a slight nod, she had felt it too. Something felt off about this place or something was watching it, like a predator hungering for its prey. Otherwise the place seemed cosy, she savoured the scent of fresh coffee in the air. She hoped she hadn't spooked Bell too much, she seemed like a nice girl.

Tokiwong

First Post
The interior of the coffee shop is decorated in a mock colonial style, with murals on the walls depicting 18th century life and culture. Students chatter, laugh, and sip their drinks. Despite that safe feeling that should prevail the air is abuzz with energy; something is setting their senses off...

Cymbeline seems oblivious to the taint in the air, the taste of ozone, or perhaps the feeling of energy on the skin. Explaining it to a sleeper would be odd since it touches on the unseen senses that only the Awakened can experience.

Just under the din of the other patrons, the cabal can hear whispers.

Aenion

First Post
Something had Morrigan's senses on edge, she didn't like this one bit. This place was supposed to be a place of relaxation but someone or something was channeling a lot of energy through it. She was running through the spells she knew or options she had to form something to detect the source of this energy but she found herself lacking. Instead she let the Sight of Death descend on her, hoping it at least will give her an idea of the history of this place.

ooc: Activating Grim Sight rote, 8 dice

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
Something had Morrigan's senses on edge, she didn't like this one bit. This place was supposed to be a place of relaxation but someone or something was channeling a lot of energy through it. She was running through the spells she knew or options she had to form something to detect the source of this energy but she found herself lacking. Instead she let the Sight of Death descend on her, hoping it at least will give her an idea of the history of this place.

ooc: Activating Grim Sight rote, 8 dice
Morrigan rolls 8 dice and gets 4 successes.

The young moros attune herself to the smell of death. The smell is a rich fragrant flavor, drawing her focus towards a table where three students are seated all in black, one young dark haired girl sitting with two boys, well young adults in their mid teens.

The girl is saturated with the smell of death, it hangs off her like a pall, and she laughs giggling briefly before going morose looking around. The trio continues talking in their discussion, but the specter of death clings tightly to the girl.

Morrigan gets 1 success on attempting to read the Resonance and notices the girl.

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly watches Morrigan's eyes wander, and tries to see what she's looking at. Nothing special seems to leap out a her though. She could use magic, of course, but that still felt a little awkward around someone who was 'uninitiated.' She didn't need magic to tell her something dangerous was afoot though.

"Maybe we should get back to the store," she says, not having to put on an act to seem a bit worried. "I'd like to talk more about Cymbaline's dreams, and it feels a little strange to do it with so many others around."

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
Thessaly watches Morrigan's eyes wander, and tries to see what she's looking at. Nothing special seems to leap out a her though. She could use magic, of course, but that still felt a little awkward around someone who was 'uninitiated.' She didn't need magic to tell her something dangerous was afoot though.

"Maybe we should get back to the store," she says, not having to put on an act to seem a bit worried. "I'd like to talk more about Cymbaline's dreams, and it feels a little strange to do it with so many others around."
Cymbeline looks up concerned, “You want to go back to the store? We just got here, at least stay for a single drink, or something? I don’t really want to talk about my… dreams right now. Can we just wait for a little bit?”

Aenion

First Post
"We should have time for one cup of coffee at least," Morrigan replies mostly to assure Thess that there's no immediate danger, no need to alert the Sleeper in their midst anyway, That girl, she must be one of us.

"Do any of you know that girl? The dark haired one with those two lads?"

Remove ads