Mage: The Awakening PbP - Nemesis

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly nods, then looks around at the others.

"Alright. Lets start with meeting the Mysterium and seeing what we can find out there. We've got a lot of questions about a lot of things. Try not to reveal TOO much though, by asking. For one thing, I think it's a bad idea to start spreading around the idea that there's weird artifacts in the store. Like Morrigan says, it's just not secure enough. That means, even in asking about those artifacts, we need to be careful not to show our hands."

She nods, then calls up, "Starbuck, are you about ready?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Shayuri said:
She nods, then calls up, "Starbuck, are you about ready?"
Starbuck calls back down, “Yeah I was able to pull some strings, but I am going to warn you, these guys are serious power players. Well they would like to think so,” she says with a poke of her head into the room. “So all that remains is whose ride are we talking?”

Aenion

First Post
"I'd prefer to keep the Mysterium as much in the dark as possible, once they find out we have something of interest we won't be able to hide much of anything for very long," Morrigan says as she walks up the stairs, "I'll drive."

Festy_Dog

First Post
Shayuri said:
Thessaly looks at Harlequin, then at the others, a little forlornly. "It's just, the more I think about it, the scarier it gets. I thought I was decently careful...and then something like this happens and suddenly I realize I was wide open all along. I think this must be how...a goldfish raised in a tank must feel when it first sees a shark, you know? I didn't know how -big- things could get."
"Nature of the work I suppose," Hal says nonchalantly, although he too was still reeling in his own head.

He was trying to get his head around ways in which his head could have been messed with in this way. Admittedly, Hal thought the exercise comparable to using diagnostic software to analyse itself for problems when the extent to which the software in use is compromised is unknown.

Aenion said:
Morrigan looks up at Thess, "How do we do it? I'd start off with some mundain means of security. I'd like to install surveillance cameras to monitor the store and decent anti-burglary lock on the frontdoor, that should be enough to keep most people from snooping around where they shouldn't. Of course that won't do much against one of our kind or any other being that goes bump in the night," she frowns, she was about to step on less familiar turf, "We should look into setting up wards. I honestly don't have much practice with these. Maybe Hal has more expertise in this matter."
"Not really, sorry. I'm more like public relations than security."

Aenion said:
"I'd prefer to keep the Mysterium as much in the dark as possible, once they find out we have something of interest we won't be able to hide much of anything for very long," Morrigan says as she walks up the stairs, "I'll drive."
Hal glances to Starback at the top of the stairs, wondering if she heard Morrigan mention that the occupants of the Monkey's Paw have something of interest hidden away.

Remove ads