Mage: The Awakening PbP - Nemesis

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Harlequin chuckles and appears to give the idea a little thought, "Awakening, eh? Whatever helps pass the time."
“Sounds kind of fruity to me,” Cleopatra smirks.

Upstairs

Thessaly can see Starbuck’s car pull up out front, a Hybrid Honda Civic. She waves at the window, as she walks up.

Shayuri

First Post
Thessaly unlocks the door and waves Starbuck in, looking around.

"Come on, come in! The others are inside."

Once inside and the door locked, Thessaly leads Starbuck down to the sanctum.

Festy_Dog

First Post
"This must be Starbuck," Hal relactantly rises from his seat as Thess and her guest descend the stairs.

He had become comfortable, and the presence of the unknown woman reminded him that he was still missing time. Had he met this woman during the time he had lost?

Meandering over to the new face he extends a hand to shake, "Name's Harlequin, but Hal suffices."

Tokiwong

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Meandering over to the new face he extends a hand to shake, "Name's Harlequin, but Hal suffices."
Starbuck shakes it, she is average height, average looks, and a little on the thick side in plain jeans and a t-shirt that reads, ‘I roll on 20’s’ and has a picture of a twenty sided dice underneath the slogan.

“Okay so Hal right? I guess you must be in the know. And who is…” she looks at Cleopatra.

“Cleopatra, I’m a friend,” Cleo replies.

“Nice to meet you, well being here you must be in the know too. Cool, so yeah I was telling Morrigan on the phone, I think I lost a few days. I am freaking out because I thought maybe some Guardian bastards put a hex on me with their old school magic’s, but then finding out you guys had a similar issue I was at ease. But hell it’s probably a Guardian’s fault anyway.”

“Freaking jerks parading around masks…” she laughs at her own joke.

Shayuri

First Post
"Okay...well, finding out it wasn't just us doesn't make ME feel better," Thessaly says.

"What kind of magic could DO that? Not just us, but you too...and who knows how many other mages? We have to find out what happened in those days. Starbuck, what's the last thing you remember? What time was it, about?"

She looks around, "Also, is anyone here any good at mind magic?"

Festy_Dog

First Post
Tokiwong said:
“Nice to meet you, well being here you must be in the know too. Cool, so yeah I was telling Morrigan on the phone, I think I lost a few days. I am freaking out because I thought maybe some Guardian bastards put a hex on me with their old school magic’s, but then finding out you guys had a similar issue I was at ease. But hell it’s probably a Guardian’s fault anyway.”

“Freaking jerks parading around masks…” she laughs at her own joke.
Harlequin chuckles at the joke, "Can't argue with that. Nice shirt by the way."

He smiled genuinely, as he actually agreed with Starbuck's assessment. That and the shirt reminded him of his not-so-distant university days. It did indeed take a jerk to do a jerk's job, and Hal was not a fan of sugar-coating his choice of allegiance. He did however have some sense of discretion, and decided a failure to mention his order would do well for the sake of maintaining good communication in the short term.

Shayuri said:
She looks around, "Also, is anyone here any good at mind magic?"
Hal raises a hand at the mention of mind arcana.

"It's my personal favourite," Hal's hypocracy of stadards versus practice concerning the matter niggled at him when he said that, "And I looked for traces of mind magic shortly before, but didn't get anything. However mind magic, or possibly time, seem the most likely culprits so I'd be willing to try again."

Mention of the bell was also omitted.

Last edited:

Aenion

First Post
Festy_Dog said:
Hal raises a hand at the mention of mind arcana.

"It's my personal favourite," Hal's hypocracy of stadards versus practice concerning the matter niggled at him when he said that, "And I looked for traces of mind magic shortly before, but didn't get anything. However mind magic, or possibly time, seem the most likely culprits so I'd be willing to try again."

Mention of the bell was also omitted.

"I haven't sensed anything to be off either, other than that everything seems normal, maybe even a bit too normal. But I'm afraid I lack expertise in either area," Morrigan cuts in, "Starbuck, do you have security cameras at the planetarium? Or do you know of any other surveillance devices in public areas? Maybe we can use them to track our own movements over the past few days."

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
"I haven't sensed anything to be off either, other than that everything seems normal, maybe even a bit too normal. But I'm afraid I lack expertise in either area," Morrigan cuts in, "Starbuck, do you have security cameras at the planetarium? Or do you know of any other surveillance devices in public areas? Maybe we can use them to track our own movements over the past few days."
Starbuck smacks her head, "I totally spaced on that, good call girl."

Shayuri

First Post
"Okay..." Thessaly says, "But something's still missing. Gawain. We still haven't seen him or heard from him, which seems odd. Now we were all down here when it happened...um, except Starbuck... Maybe if he somehow avoided it, he would have left a note or...something..."

She starts hunting around the Sanctum, just in case.

Remove ads