Magic Created Items

mythusmage said:
So, any possibility of a book of daily magic any time soon? ;)

If you mean a book about magic that isn't used for adventuring or combat, but for other things that real people would want to use magic for--art, knowledge, communication, convenience, etc. I've wanted to do that kind of book for a long, long time. The problems are twofold:

1. Its tricky not to let it evolve into just a magic-as-tech kind of thing, which I don't personally like. Magic cars, magic phones, magic dishwashers, etc.

2. Probably more importantly (unfortunately), I don't think it would sell well. I'd love to be proven wrong.

DMH

First Post
Kemrain said:
Transmutation is awsome.

Use a Stoneshape-like spell to give any object touched the consistancy of clay for the duration fo the spell.

In ST Cooley's Treasures and Objects D'Art book there are two spells- woodsmelt and stonesmelt that alter each into metal so that a blacksmith can shape it in his forge. The spells only last 8 hours and are 3rd or 4th level. Working them would still need fuel, but there would be no waste.

Think of what dwarven cities would look like if they used stonesmelt for most of their art. Forges could be enchanted to cast the spell on any stone item worked in it. And the same for elven cities with woodsmelt.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
Came Up With This Overnight

This involves a variant of the glass meld magic I came up with earlier. It melds together gemstones of the same type. Depending on the number of stones available, and their size, it could produce sizable gemstones. You then use Gem Shape to sculpt it into the form you want. Say, a tigers eye agate tiger the size of the real thing. Use the animating version of Gem Shape and you could have life sized tigers eye agate tigers guarding your valuables against wandering adventurers.

We could have a new class of monsters here.

(And let us not forget life-sized living jade elephants. :confused: :uhoh: )

Remove ads