• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Item assistance

foxwick

First Post
Mistwell said:
Business Model? You have got to be kidding me. You think this site makes a fortune or something? That this is some major corporation trying to suck you bone dry of your last gaming dollar? Please. This board is run at great expense by a guy who gives up a huge portion of his life just to keep it going. He charges only for the very few things he basically has to (because they take a lot of computer power and hence a lot of money to run), and one of those very few things is searching. Many boards have no search command at all.

You would have to be a pretty ungratefull guy to be complaining about this FREE board.

Heh. I did not complain and I am not ungrateful. Nor did I say it was a successful, good, or profitable business model, if indeed these aspects are part of an actual business model in place. It is simply my impression, that while the lack of FAQs and searching at first seems counter-productive (repeated content, wasted bandwidth), that they are likely helping the bottom line. Enough to make the site highly profitable? - I highly doubt it.

I quite like this site, but that doesn't prevent me from sharing my observations of things that are less-than-ideal. Is there someplace better? Not that I'm aware of. Doesn't stop me from dreaming of the ideal, and hoping that this place, or some other, will get there, or closer, some day.

Thinking further on it - I might even be tempted to pay for search if there were some sort of moderated FAQ process in place, so that you knew that searches would return precise, relevant results, rather than the tons of almost identical threads that seem to go by every few weeks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads