• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Item Choice

Krel

First Post
This is kinda an odd question but, I was wondering:

As a 15th level Half-Orc barbarian, I have the following magic items:

+4 Mithral Full Plate
Ring of Protection +3
+2 Heavy Steel Shield, Animated
+2 Longbow
+3 Greatsword, Speed
Amulet of Natural Armor +2
Belt of Giant Strength +6
Cloak of Resistance +5
Gloves of Dexterity +2
Ioun Stone (+1 insight to AC)
Ioun Stone (+2 to Con)

My question is what magic item should I improve from the above list or what magic item should I buy with 65,000 gp?

I was thinking:

Improve Sword
Ring of Energy Resistance
Boots of Striding/Springing
Boots, Winged (would that be useful?)
Pale Green Prism Ioun Stone (+1 competence bonus to attacks, saves, skills, ability checks)

I know that this question is quite specific, but I would really appreciate your input. Thanks again!

-Kord

Elder-Basilisk

First Post
Always consider a ring of freedom of movement and a luckstone (or, if you can finagle it, a luck blade with no wishes).

Being able to ignore all of the nasty grappling and immobilizing attacks is incredible--especially by 15th level where they will often be automatic.

Bonuses to saves and re-rolls are also excellent.

Rkhet

First Post
What have you been facing so far? What do you expect to face in the near future (i.e. before your next level?) How long will the campaign be?

Krel

First Post
Rkhet said:
What have you been facing so far? What do you expect to face in the near future (i.e. before your next level?) How long will the campaign be?

The campaign will be pretty long, and we are probably going to be facing lots of demons and undead. So I was possibly thinkin of adding bane:demons and ghost touch to my greatsword. Ring of freedom of movement sounds like a good idea.

Keep the suggestions rolling! Thanks.

moritheil

First Post
Sacred scabbard - for a mere 4400 gp, your critical threats can automatically hit evil opponents in 3 combats/day.

Ring of Freedom - a must-have.

Consider something that allows you to levitate/fly at least once per day.

Krel

First Post
So is Ring of Freedom of Movement really that important at high levels? Is it because all the monsters seem to have improved grab or swallow whole?

Rkhet

First Post
Get a ring of spell storing and chummy up to the casters. Maybe get them a Pearl of Power, also, just for recharging purposes.

Righteous Might 1/day is pretty sweet. So is things like True Seeing. Or Silence. Or any number of other things.

Also, look into getting Permancy cast on you, for something like Enlarge Person.

Rkhet

First Post
You really shouldn't have gotten that overpriced Speed enhancement on your axe. Should have gotten Boots of Speed instead.

Rhun

First Post
If you are going to be facing a lot of undead, you might want to get something to protect you from energy drain effects...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads