Magic Item Compendium - DMG Magic Item Prices

Eric Anondson said:
Yup, and that's the exact price it has now. 50 gp (MIC) instead of 250 gp (DMG).
Good spot!

Potion of reduce person doesn't appear in MIC (due to being a crap item) so I suppose its still 250 gp as per the DMG.

Sejs

First Post
RangerWickett said:
claw/claw/bite/rake/wing/wing/tail/rend/crush.

Claw/Claw/Bite/Rake/Rake/Gore/Wing Buffet/Wing Buffet/Tentacle/Tentacle/Tail Slap/Kick/Kick/Rend/Ink Jet/Washboard/Swallow Whole.

:D

Sejs

First Post
amethal said:
Good spot!

Potion of reduce person doesn't appear in MIC (due to being a crap item) so I suppose its still 250 gp as per the DMG.

Reverse-engineering it a bit just tells us that the DMG version of those potions are caster levle 5 for some strange reason.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Sejs said:
Reverse-engineering it a bit just tells us that the DMG version of those potions are caster levle 5 for some strange reason.
I believe that the DMG 3.5's potion of enlarge person 250 gp price was a legacy from 3.0 DMG where the potion of enlarge person had a 5th level caster.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Eric Anondson said:
I believe that the DMG 3.5's potion of enlarge person 250 gp price was a legacy from 3.0 DMG where the potion of enlarge person had a 5th level caster.

Right (except that it was a potion of enlarge in 3E) - in 3.5, Enlarge Person's duration scales with level. In 3E, Enlarge's duration and effect scaled with level, and capped at 5th... and a 1st level Enlarge was useless for combat purposes. (5th wasn't any better than 4th, really, for a potion, but since 5th was where the effect capped, that's what they went with.)

-Hyp.

Kmart Kommando

First Post
Remathilis said:
Why are amulets of mighty fists soooo much more than buying "gauntlets" +1?
They are also the wrong affinity slot for physical enhancement. A Belt of Mighty Fists would be cheaper, due to being a proper affinity. But then, I ignore item affinities. They are just fluff nonsense.

jcfiala

Explorer
Kmart Kommando said:
They are also the wrong affinity slot for physical enhancement. A Belt of Mighty Fists would be cheaper, due to being a proper affinity. But then, I ignore item affinities. They are just fluff nonsense.

Well, the problem with a Belt of Mighty Fists is that you couldn't use it with a Monk's Belt, which doesn't make much sense.

That said, I think the Amulet's overpriced too.

Kmart Kommando

First Post
Get a Monk's Shirt. Same affinity, different slot.

That said, how many Kung Fu movies have people wearing headbands? Monk's Headband makes more sense than Monk's Belt. Or Monk's Fist Wraps. Monk's Gi (uniform).
They didn't want it to interfere with the standard of Bracers of Armor, but they are slotted wrong as well. Should be Cloaks, Capes or Mantles or Armor by the chart, or Amulets.

Remove ads