• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic item props

Crothian

First Post
I think it can be fun for the occasional important magical item to be a prop in the game. Some companies have given us magic item accessories like the Deck of Many Things, the Deck of Illusions, and the Bag of Tricks. Are there any other items out there sale like those or other magical items that could easily be used at the gaming table and enhance game play?

Numlock

First Post
Dice.

I'm using 2 d4's and 1 d8 as magic power crystals. The PC's can use them once a day for a power surge (for any d20 roll, add the 'magic' die, once a day). This gives a very nice link between the story and the mechanics.

JohnnFour

Explorer
Dollar stores have given me toy props, including little figures for use as Figurines of Wondrous Power.

My wife picked up a felt wizard hat at costume store one time - it's blue with gold stars, and pointed. Fits my head perfectly. ;)

Speaking of clothes, you can pick up cheap stuff at used clothing stores. Things like hats for Hat of Disguise etc., gloves, shirts for armour, and so on.

Get a shirt for a $1 and draw stuff on it with a marker for added effect. Get needle and thread, if brave enough.

Remove ads