• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Items available for purchace?

Bleys Icefalcon

First Post
He kept the ring

... after everyone laid into the poor soul, I pulled him aside and we tweaked the ring. It only functions for a short duration per day (1 hour) and the hour had to be used all at one time. Also while flying he could "Carry himself and up to a light load" and fly at his standard move, with 'poor' maneuverability.

We did have the conversation about the game being controlled magic, and items needed to be approved in advance with me. When he created the character, he just started writing down his stats - again, his previous DM allowed them: 2-18s, 2-17s, a 16, and a 14. To place them wherever they liked. Call me old fashioned I still use dice (I know archaic). Anyway, once we had it the character's stats and skills he asked me how we randomized our starting magic items.

1st level character.

Ahem.

I guess I had it coming.

Adimus

First Post
...again, his previous DM allowed them: 2-18s, 2-17s, a 16, and a 14. To place them wherever they liked...Anyway, once we had it the character's stats and skills he asked me how we randomized our starting magic items.

1st level character.

Ahem.

I guess I had it coming.

The munchkin is strong with this one.

Luce

Explorer
If the player was having fun in his previous group who are we to judge?
Oh, wait we are the Internet.

Seriously though, given the new information the reaction of the DM & other players was reasonable. It may be worth sitting one on one with the player and having a talk something to the tone of:"This is the ways we play the game. Are you sure that that is agreeable with you? If this creates so much discrepency with the ways you are used to that it is no longer fun for you may be you should not be playing in this particular game just from sense of obligation."
I guess this should be a reminder that not everybody plays with the same house rules or even interprets the rules the same way. Be it weapons speed, vs armor modifiers, the dead door optional rule, skill challenges, how often initiative is rolled etc.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads