• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic Kingdom For Sale* (*Some Assembly Required)

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“I will keep my eyes on the camp, while we travel, this way, we will quickly know, if something happens down here.”

OOC: Allyra will cast Greater Scrying daily and extend it with her Metamagic Effect ability (Take 10 on the Spellcraft check), targeting some member of their followership or Amran himself. Occasionally, she will concentrate on the spell to see what's going on around that person.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*The rest of the caravan retreats into the woods, making themselves a less-conspicuous target. The Hex sets out circling the lake to get to the castle. Despite the distance they cover, it's obvious that the castle is very, very large, because it does not seem to get any closer over the course of the day. As the sun begins to set, you can see a dull red glow radiating from the base of the castle.*

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“This giant castle really seems to be a giant of a building. I'm curious to see what that red glow might be.”

In the evening, after going through her daily ordeal of spellcasting, which takes about half an hour, Allyra will create a small cottage for the group to rest in.

OOC: Casting Leomund's Secure Shelter.

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
* Dubheasa takes note of the red glow but does not offer any option. She watches as the wizard woman creates a cottage for the night's rest, but with all this exposure to people Dubheasa chooses to sleep outside under the clear as she had been doing by the lake.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*All partake in the shelter other than Dubheasa, settling in for a long night's rest. You post your usual watches, but the night seems quiet. However, during the third watch, the red glow intensified, and sparks fly from the center of the glow. A sharp hammering sound can be heard faintly.*

Lady Shatterstone

First Post
*Dubheasa awakens to the faint ringing sound. She sits up to see the red glow grow and watches as sparks fly from the brightest part of the glow. She quietly takes in the sight. The thought never crosses her mind to let the other know what is going on. They will just have to wake on their own to see this.*

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*In the morning the hammering sound can still be heard faintly, but the sparks and sound fade by the time the sun is above the horizon. Pressing forward, it becomes obvious that it make take as much as four days to get to the foot of the mountains. Allyra occasionally looks back on the caravan, and sees them caching supplies, finding defensible positions, marking the locations of streams and whatnot, basically making themselves useful.*

*Slightly after the sun has passed its zenith, the Hex spots some massive ruins set a bit back from the lake. A closer inspection proves them to be the remains of a large tower, perhaps a watchtower of some sort, sized for very large people. It's made of massive granite blocks, cunningly fitted together with no visible mortar. Three stories still stand, though the fourth is ragged and falling in, along with half the slate roof. A massive iron door faces the lake, looking rusted but still sturdy.*

Thanee

First Post
Allyra

“I wonder what this hammering sound is. Maybe they just have some sort of giant forge there. In the camp, everything seems to be in order, I cannot sense any disturbances there. Let's hope, that it will stay like this.”

Later on the day, when the party finds the deserted watchtower, Allyra wonders:

“Hmm... if the giants still reign here, why is this tower deserted then?”

Remove ads