Magic of Incarnum... hmm...

Mokona

First Post
Magic of Incarnum said:
Harness a New and Original Source of Magical Power

Drawn from the ambient life energy that fills the multiverse, incarnum is the essence of all creatures. Incarnum flows as a deep blue, radiant mist, and those with the knowledge to harness this energy can shape it into objects of great power, called soulmelds. Using soulmelds crafted from raw incarnum, an adventurer opens up new avenues of ability never available before.

In the tradition of the Expanded Psionics Handbook, Magic of Incarnum presents an alternative to conventional magic that grants access to a new source of power. Characters of all classes can experience incarnum through feats, spells, psionic powers, and prestige classes, while incarnum-wielding standard classes such as the incarnate and the soulborn allow players to take full advantage of incarnum's amazing properties.

Magic of Incarnum includes a wealth of options and advice about incorporating this new power source into ongoing or brand-new campaigns.

It sounds interesting but still not enough detail.

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Right well we'll have to wait and see.

Truth,

In as MANY realms as possible. Multi-planer apocalyses should be my speciality by now. ;)

Ycore Rixle

First Post
I can't really add too much to the post from James quoted earlier in the thread, but I'll echo the fact that the book features a completely new system of magic. At the start of the design process, James encouraged us to be very creative and not to be afraid to do things that had never been done in D&D before. His framework for the incarnum system was really exciting, and it was a blast to work on the book with him.

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
Nightfall said:
Right well we'll have to wait and see.

Truth,

In as MANY realms as possible. Multi-planer apocalyses should be my speciality by now. ;)

Ah, I see, then I should mention, that I have a ongoing story*hopefully to finish* with that process happening:cool: .

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Frank,

Any chance you could offer up say, an example of this work? A magic item or spell perhaps?

Truth,

I think I remember that... But I think mine tend to be cooler since I have gogollion of loyal human from all walks of warrior life and timelines in my little head o doom. ;)

Remove ads