• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic sword.

DiFier

First Post
I'm going to be making a magic sword based on Ninja master Gara's sword from Bastard. the one that drained life force from the user. I was thinking that it would have true strike and a bonus to damage but when you activated it it permently drained hit points.

My question What would the damage bonus be and how many Hp would you lose. I was thinking -1 to -5 HP (permenant) and +10 to +20 points of damage. what do you think? or maybe it could be 1d4 of HP damage and 10+1d10 points of bonus damage. not the kind of magic enhancement that you use all the time.

suggestion please

Airwolf

First Post
Is this a cursed sword? I don’t think I would want my character using it but it would be fun to give to the party. (evil laugh).

I would put some radomness into the damage and hit point loss. Something like 1d4 hp loss and for each hit point lost this way an extra 1d6 of damage. Thus if someone rolls a 4 they lose 4 hit points but do an extra 4d6 points of damage, if they roll a 1, they lose one hit point and only do 1d6 points of extra damage.

This makes the sword weaker than having a fixed amount of damage and hp loss. It will (at least in my party) make the user stop and think for a second about if he/she should use it.

Good Luck!

Syunsuke

Roll 21.
I know bastard is avairable in English but it's a last name I expected to see here, Ninja master Gara:D
You are talking about Murasame ?

I think murasame should be Ghost touch and Vorpal.
Or succesfull hit cause instant kill to any creature type(inclued undead or such) when you activate special power.

Of coures, wih far more nasty cost.
Maybe energy drain, permanet constitution damage, or "life(weilder die and cannot be raised)" .

Last edited:

DiFier

First Post
I have a very old fan sub version so perhaps the names are scewed up. but yeah Murasame is the sword I'm talking about.

I didn't get the impression that it killed you with one use but did it over time. I.E. use it once lose a year off your life ect.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads