• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magic weapon that pierces DR/cold iron AND DR/silver?

Corsair

First Post
Not technically a rules issue but: Am I the only one bothered by someone trying to make a weapon which does both cold iron and silver? (And this bother is not limited to house rules, but printed things like metaline as well) I mean these two materials are fundamentally different and used for radically different purposes.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
So you're running a magic-free game then? Whatever floats your boat, mate. I play in the FR, though. :)

demiurge1138

Inventor of Super-Toast
The gyrspike that Hypersmurf mentioned is one of the craziest weapons invented by WoTC. It's a longsword. With a flail attached to the handle. And is a double weapon. They were introduced in Sword and Fist and reappeared in Arms and Equipment Guide. They have not been seen, or used, since. ;)

Demiurge out.

Ferret

Explorer
Why not make a special ability/weapon called Fiend Rend that can ocercomethe DR. Bit of a tangent to the topic though I supose.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Yeah, that's another good solution.

Ya know what, I'll just make it cold iron and leave it at that. It's primarily a demon killer anyway and if my players ever need to fight greater devils, they can get a spell I just found in BoED, silvered weapon. Plus, it already costs more than enough as is. :p

Thanks, all. :)

Hypersmurf said:
And if it's +4, you'll even get past the Fiends with DR X/Epic!

-Hyp.

Wait ... What? No it wouldn't.

You need an Enhancement bonus bigger than +5 to overcome DR Epic, don't you?

I didn't think the effective bonus for cost purposes counted, and +4 Holy Bane would be +8 equivalent.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads