• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magical Bows & Arrows

slingbld

Explorer
I heard that there was going to be a change in the way bonuses from bows & arrows would work.
In 3.0 a +5 bow & a +5 arrow would add +10 to hit. Is this still the norm? Has this been corrected to avoid munchkin archery?
Also, does a Bow of Shock still work (ie: does it still add the shock quality to the launched arrow?)

I've only had about 4-5 hours to pour over all three books. so far I could not find any clearly stated comments on these here questions :)

Best I've found was in the glossary in the PHB under "bonus".

hong

WotC's bitch
In 3.5E, enhancement bonuses from bows and arrows don't stack. Furthermore, an arrow fired from a magic bow is treated as a magic weapon for the purpose of penetrating DR. This is in the DMG chapter on magic weapons, p.221.

Shock, frost, flaming, holy, unholy, axiomatic (the old lawful) and anarchic (chaotic) bows still bestow that property on arrows.

Remove ads