• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Magical items from KotS useless for the Pregen party?

GoodKingJayIII

First Post
Switchback said:
I'd prefer if my DM put something useful for the group as treasure, but it was still somewhat of a surprise.

It's something of a double-edged sword, I think. On the one hand, you know your players are happy because you're giving them what they want. On the other hand, it does suck some of the joy out of treasure.

I personally feel the best thing I can do as a DM is to know my PCs and what they need without asking them directly. A quick perusal of any given character sheet will tell me how a player has built his particular character, and a number of directions he might go in the future. Also, I have no problem letting players create items of their level + 4, because I consider any weapon 21+ to be exceedingly rare, but a) the math is based on characters having those kinds of weapons and b) it's fun for players to have epic weapons.

I don't think it's unreasonable to give players what they want for their characters, but rather than hold on to all that power myself, it's something that can be delegated easily.

Giryan

First Post
I do have the CRBs now(although I didn't when we fought Irontooth)

I'll have a look through and see what's coming up soon(although they are wandering a bit randomly) and maybe work out some swaps, think up something for the ranger.

(We gained the cleric last night, so now with 6 players I think I'll need to make some additions to the encounters)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads