Magical Schools for the Greater Good

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Just 'cause nobody's mentioned it: there was a d20 book, Redhurst Academy of Magic, that was pretty similar if anyone's doing 3.0, 3.5, or Pathfinder.
You're the other person who loves it! If they had just put the book out six months earlier, or six months later, under 3.5, I believe it would have been a great hit.

A fun setting, assembled in a great form factor, with lots of potential that went nowhere, because it got run over during the 3E/3.5 transition.

It doesn't look like there's even a legal way to get it now, even in PDF.

Matt Forbeck obviously has a lot on his plate with the new Marvel Universe RPG, but here's hoping he one day gets the rights to at least publish Redhurst to DriveThuRPG. The book is 99% systemless (although it's based on 3E assumptions about how wizardry works), so it would be easy to use in most D&D-related games.

Undrave

Legend
On Netflix you can also find the Little Witch Academia series!

And while it's not a school for Wizards, it is a supernatural place where tons of adventure happen and a fun little show on it's own: Creepschool! A series where four stereotypical kids (The Jock, the Nerd, the Preppy and the Goth) all accidentally end up at the wrong boarding school, a spooky school for monsters who live hidden from humans eyes. They decide to stay and lots of magical shenanigans ensue.

Finally, I pitch a video game available on plenty of platforms: Ikenfell. A very adorable JRPG-inspired game with a very fun cast.
Ooh thanks! I'm always open to learning about indies available on Switch!

Remove ads