Mailed your fantasy setting yet? The Kaptain has landed!

My contest entry was mailed out the last day because....

• I banged it out from scratch at midnight...

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I procrastinated until the last minute, than frantically pored over years of notes!

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • I mailed mine in days/weeks ago. You guys are lazy!

Votes: 21 42.0%
  • I chose not to enter because if I had $100,000 I might buy a death ray and do some mischief I might

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • What do you mean today\'s the deadline? AAARRRRGGGGHHH!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!

Votes: 3 6.0%

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
Yup, last day to qualify for entry, and I stayed up all night to tweak it to "perfection." Wish me luck as I totter off to the post office to make sure it gets postmarked in time! :)

Who else waited until the last minute?

Did you bang it out in one night (possibly based on years worth of notes like me)?

Did it come right off the top of your head from scratch?

Did you just not get around to finishing it until now?

Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Well, I was told I should have submitted my plateau/mesa world setting but did not, could not find the time to flesh it out/clean it up.

Marius Delphus

Adventurer
Whew!

ALL night, KK? You have me beat at the "last minute" thing....

Not only did I wait until the last minute (finished last night at 10pm), but after finishing my own submission I helped a good buddy of mine who had also waited until the last minute (finished last night at 12:30am). The completed entries await transport to the nearest Post Office as I type.

I banged mine out in two days (about six hours total work) based on campaign notes that stretch back almost 20 years. (Very little of this appears in the one-page proposal, of course.) At least 1/3 of the work was making it look mucho professionale (IIDSSM) in Adobe Illustrator. My excuse is many-fold, but amounts to "couldn't get around to it any earlier."

My good buddy came up with about a dozen different campaign world "hooks" right off the top of his head since Tuesday ("couldn't get around to it any earlier") and managed to get a grand total of one down on paper... that's the one (naturally) we finalized last night.

We're both filled with pride at what we got down on paper (just like practically everyone else), and we're also quite certain we won't reach Stage Two (just like practically everyone else). We went ahead and submitted, so that we could say we'd done it. (But we wished each other luck....)

P.S. Mythus: your sig matches almost exactly a line from a long-ago game: "Goblins? But we're 12th level!" I'm guessing your kobolds were as much trouble as our goblins. :D

Last edited:

Zhure

First Post
Hand of Evil said:
Well, I was told I should have submitted my plateau/mesa world setting but did not, could not find the time to flesh it out/clean it up.

ARGH NO!

I hope they like my mesa-world better.

(kidding)

Last edited:

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Zhure said:

ARGH NO!

I hope they like my mesa-world better.

(kidding)
figure if it looks like mine and has enough things in common (I did post it on the old boards), I can sue for $$$$. :) :D

Last edited:

Kaptain_Kantrip

First Post
I just banged out another "brilliant" idea I've had floating in the back of my head for the past few months. In one hour. And mailed it. It will be amusing if it gets accepted over my more established (also setting submitted today). ;)

Last edited:

MythandLore

First Post
Kaptain_Kantrip said:
Yup, last day to qualify for entry, and I stayed up all night to tweak it to "perfection." Wish me luck as I totter off to the post office to make sure it gets postmarked in time! :)
Yeah Kap!
Great idea for a poll.
icon14.gif

Just like you, I waited to the last second to finish mine.
Kaptain_Kantrip said:
Who else waited until the last minute?
Umm... me. Mailed it about an hour ago.
Kaptain_Kantrip said:
Did you bang it out in one night (possibly based on years worth of notes like me)?
Pretty much, well no notes from old games, just new ideas.
I wrote it last night though, but I was kickin' around an idea in my head this past week, but my little brother came down to visit me this week and since I see him maybe twice a year I spent all my time with him, he just left this morning before I mailed it.
Kaptain_Kantrip said:
Did it come right off the top of your head from scratch?
Yes indeedee. Top of the head. From scratch.
Kaptain_Kantrip said:
Did you just not get around to finishing it until now?
Like I said I was busy, geez, stop buggin' me already. ;)

Henry

Autoexreginated
Mailed yesterday, thanks to our team-leader. Hopefully, it stands a chance, but our only concern is it might be too controversial for standard D&D fare from the past 20 years.

If it doesn't sell, then no harm done.

Remove ads