• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Make Up a Goblin Fact

Mad_Jack

Legend
What babe?

40 Goblin language doesn't have words for numbers, only:
agrak: one
egrak: a few
bazinga: uncountable multitudes

Goblin numbers only go up to 20, since they can't count any higher on their fingers and toes.

Any number higher than twenty is still twenty.

If I have twenty miniatures and buy twenty more, I still only have twenty miniatures, because 20 + 20 = 20.

Also, goblins are great philosophers and scientists. They have created nearly all of the advancements in these fields since the dawn of time. However...

A) A goblin only lives for ten years.
B) Goblins have long-term memory issues and rarely remember anything for longer than three years.
C) Goblins have no written language of their own, and those who learn to write in Common or another language usually forget to write anything down before they forget it.

Last edited:

jasper

Rotten DM
Goblins get hungry around midnight. So they sneak into villages and steal little kids. I suggest villages buy a fridge.

darjr

I crit!
Goblins know the answer to life, the universe, and everything. If you knew you’d be a goblin too. Don’t let them wispher into your ear.

briggart

Adventurer
Goblin numbers only go up to 20, since they can't count any higher on their fingers and toes.

Any number higher than twenty is still twenty.

If I have twenty miniatures and buy twenty more, I still only have twenty miniatures, because 20 + 20 = 20.
That's apparently a recent breakthrough in goblin mathematics. It's said it came from goblins of a northern tribe who, for reasons unknowns, use to adorn their lips with bugs.

The Old Crow

Explorer
Goblins suffer from anxiety when Hobgoblins and Bugbear are nearby; they fear their bigger cousins are there to beat them up, take their stuff, and boss them around. Their tiny brains also don't comprehend Bugbears as a different thing, but simply as larger Hobgoblins with an out of control hair growth problem. Bugbears are the Hobgoblins of little minds, and Hobgoblins are their Bugbears.

darjr

I crit!
Goblins love to swim in clean clear water. When they see a pool of such they gleefully throw themselves into it, the only happy moment in their short miserable lives. Unfortunately goblins melt in clean clear water leaving a tarry gritty mess full of grisly chunks.

Remove ads