• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Make up of an Elven Adventuring Company

Gray Lensman

Explorer
I think he meant the word "token". We no Dandu loves them Wizards ;).

But how would a party composed mostly of Druids function when the mission took them far underground or into a large city for a long period?

Jimlock

Adventurer
Ok, time I stand beside my half-favorite class (Dandu covered the other half)

The Elven Realm has it's Army, Border Patrol, ect. But it needs a group that can go far and wide to serve the Realm's Interests.

Why do this phrases bring espionage into mind?

ROGUES!!! Bring some skill monkeys to the feast! You need diplomacy, bluffing capabilities... all sorts of 007 skills...

Jimlock

Adventurer
One more thing: I don't see druids fitting for the job. They are powerful indeed... this just doesn't connect the way I picture it...

Gray Lensman

Explorer
Why do this phrases bring espionage into mind?

ROGUES!!! Bring some skill monkeys to the feast! You need diplomacy, bluffing capabilities... all sorts of 007 skills...

Oh yes, there is gonna be some intrigue going on, and there will be a couple of rogues in the final mix.

One more thing: I don't see druids fitting for the job. They are powerful indeed... this just doesn't connect the way I picture it...

Well, since you have to travel thru the wilderness to get to the cities....
Besides, Druids and their companions DO make wonderful melee types.

Jimlock

Adventurer
Well, since you have to travel thru the wilderness to get to the cities....
Besides, Druids and their companions DO make wonderful melee types.

Hmm... well that depends on what is more trivial: the travel through the wilderness, or what you manage at the cites.

And since you have border patrol, I can picture this patrol as being full of druids. More often than not, an elven realm is entirely into the woods, and its borders are the end of those woods. So if you want someone powerful to patrol the land and it's borders, i'd say that druids and rangers are the top choices... with wizards protecting the capital and sites of great importance along with druids. But for the out-of-the-borders jobs, I'd say it fits more to rogues and wizards.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads